Chapter 12: My Secret

'Did she leave this behind by accident? Or is this some kind of a trap?'

This opportunity was such a surprise that I couldn't help but doubt it. But after recalling how Mika left in a hurry, I suspected that she left my phone behind by accident.

There's no doubt that this is the golden ticket that I've been waiting for. All I had to do was call for help and wait for them to get me out of here.

'But Mika would be...'

Doubt crept into my mind once more. My desire to escape began to wane when I remembered the miserable expression that she had earlier.

'Is there a way for both of us to be happy?'

My mind buzzed with an answer, but I put it aside. Unfortunately, I can't come up with a different answer for my question.

'...For now, let's see what's going on in the outside world.'

I decided to check my phone first to see what had happened after Mika kidnapped me. There's a chance that someone posted a missing person report for me, or maybe someone is already looking for me. I unlocked my phone and opened my social media app, only to find out that nobody had mentioned my absence.

'These motherfuckers... We called each other 'oomfies' and all that bullshit, but you didn't notice me missing for a few days?'

I felt my head burning in anger, but I managed to quell it by reasoning with myself.

'Hooo... No, it's fine... It's just been a few days; there's no reason for them to think I've been kidnapped or anything...'

After calming myself down, I checked on my messaging app. Unfortunately, opening the messaging app only ruined my mood even further.

Bastard (35 unread messages) (Muted)
- We're going to have a long talk when you get back

Bitch (43 unread messages) (Muted)
- Stop ignoring me

This bastard and bitch duo had slipped out of my mind when I was busy dealing with Mika. Thankfully, I've muted their messages, so Mika didn't get to see them on the notification list.

'...Fine, let's see what they're up to now.'

I decided to check their messages, starting with the bastard. The app automatically opened to the top of the unread messages.

Bastard

- You think you can run away from us?

- After all we've done for you?

'You've done nothing but give me nightmares, you bastard. Leaving you was the best decision I ever made.'

- Stop acting like a child

- Your mother and I are worried about you

'Don't you dare call yourselves my parents. It's just a convenient title for you to control me.'

- Do you really think you can get anywhere with that drawing of yours?

- Grow up

- I told you I could get you a real job at my company

'And live a life that you predetermined from start to finish? No thanks.'

The memory of that bastard played against my will.

****************************

"I tolerated this hobby of yours, and this is how you repay me?"