Chapter 11: Lights, Camera, Gaslight!

"...She did what?" Mika asked in a confused tone.

"She helped me with my confession to you at AnimeCon, Mika. I'm sorry for hiding it from you, but it's the truth."

"But why-"

"It was because of me. You probably remembered that I was... a bit shy when you brought me here."

"Yeah, I remember that."

'You don't have to agree with that so quickly, you cold-hearted bitch.'

I set aside my grievances and continued on, "It was actually way worse before I even met you during the AnimeCon. At that time, I couldn't even think of what to say when I met you. I was pretty pathetic, if I'm being honest."

"I-I didn't think you were-!"

I cut her off before she could finish her sentence, "It's fine, that's just what I thought about my past self. It was a chance to finally meet you, but I just... couldn't muster my courage to do it."

"..."

"That's when I decided to look for help. From someone that understands you."

"Enna..." muttered Mika.

"Yes, she happened to have a meet and greet as well at the venue. I went there and asked her... on how to make my confession to you."

"But that's..."

"I know, it's against the rules to do so. You shouldn't be talking about someone else during their meet and greet, it was their precious time to talk with their precious fans. I know it's not right, but I was desperate..."

"..."

"I was prepared to be berated, insulted, or even kicked out. But do you know what she did instead?"

"..." Mika couldn't answer me, her lips pursed tightly.

"She told me to go for it. She listened to me, encouraged me, and believed that I could do it."

"Ah..."

"She spent her precious time to give me the push that I needed to see you. And now, here we are, all thanks to her help. That's the only thing Enna had done with me, I promise."

Of course, everything I've said was a lie. Let alone asking Enna for help, I didn't even have the time to line up for Enna's meet and greet. There's no chance for Mika to know about this of course, and Enna is currently unconscious, so Mika will have to take my word for it.

This scenario fits Mika's delusion of me and Enna having a secret connection behind her, while also giving Mika an opportunity to trust her friends.

Of course I believed that she would get fooled by it. How could anyone refuse to believe an answer that they desperately wanted? It would be as hard as denying a glass of water in the middle of a desert.

"Did she really do all that... for me? But why?" Mika sounded like she doubted me, I could see the glint in her eyes. She definitely bought it.

'Hook, line, and sinker!'

All I had to do was give her a little push to fall deeper.

"You know how Enna is. She might be rude on the outside, but deep down, she still cares a lot about you," I moved in for the climax of this play.

"..."

"At the end of the day, she had always wanted you to be happy."

"Enna..." Mika's eyes started glistening from tears.

'We're going for the Oscars, baby! Hahaha!'

I could see Mika's trust in Enna skyrocketing towards the sky. To think I would help Mika and raise Enna's value at the same time, I'm practically a saint!