219.He grunted a few times from deep inside his throat, like a little beast (2)

The person in the front seemed anxious and stumbly, "Lali, are you hurt?"

There was worry on Old Mr. Kim's normally solemn look. His cane in his hand, he walked over quickly.

He learned from the butler that his granddaughter was involved in a car accident shortly after he had gone to bed. He almost passed out when he heard the news.

"Grandpa, I'm fine." Lisa comforted him. "I'm not hurt. Not at all."

Old Mr. Kim looked his granddaughter up and down and made sure that she wasn't hurt and was standing in front of him healthily before he was able to feel relieved.

Lisa told Old Mr. Kim, "Grandpa, Jungkook was hurt. He had protected me with his body during the accident, which was why I wasn't hurt."

Old Mr. Kim's eyes flickered a little. He looked at the young Lu's boy sitting next to him quietly, with his back straight.

Even when he was studying him this way, sizing him up, Jungkook still showed no reactions.

"Jungkook threw his body around me right away," said Lisa to Old Mr. Kim. "Grandpa, Jungkook is capable of protecting me."

She knew that Old Mr. Kim was not a fan of Jungkook and didn't like him much. That was a normal reaction. After all, without much interaction, Old Mr. Kim was only judging Jungkook from the kind of person that he appeared to me.

She wanted Old Mr. Kim to know that yes, Jungkook was not perfect, but he was still capable of protecting her.

Jungkook could hear Lisa talking about him from where he was. Pinching his lips shut a little, his low and hoarse voice was both serious and stubborn. He repeated what Lisa had said, "Protect Zhizhi. Must protect."

Old Mr. Kim was taken aback a little. His sharp eyes deepened and the way he looked at Jungkook was less cold than before.

He sighed and looked over at his granddaughter. "How's Jungkook's wound?"

"His forehead was cut by broken glass but, luckily, the cut isn't very deep and his eyes were not hurt." The wound on Jungkook's forehead was close to his brows and his eyes were right below that. Lisa was scared when she thought about it.

The way that Old Mr. Kim looked at Jungkook softened some more.

He asked the butler with a sharp look. "How's the investigation on the car accident coming along?"

"The driver who caused the accident is at the police station right now. This car accident did not appear to be just an accident. We think it was intentional," said the butler.

They were still looking into whether they were targeting the Lu's Young Master or their Young Mistress.

Old Mr. Kim had been in the business world for a long time and knew well about all the scheming in the field. His eyes dimmed. "You must look into that carefully."

No matter what their intentions were, as long as it threatened his granddaughter and caused her harm, he would get down to the bottom of it and take revenge.

"Yes, Sir." The butler could tell that Old Mr. Kim was truly angry.

Old Mr. Kim had just located his real granddaughter and had yet to have a chance to dote upon her before someone had tried to cause her harm. That was no different than trying to pull whiskers out of a tiger. Old Mr. Kim had grown older; that did not mean that he had become kinder.

Knowing that his granddaughter was not hurt and that Jungkook's wound was taken care of, Old Mr. Kim brought them back to the Kim's with him.

The night was deep, the old house, located in the middle of the city, however, had it own brand of serenity.

It was bright inside the house.

Old Mr. Kim had the butler arranged for a room for Jungkook.

"Grandpa, Jungkook stays......" Lisa was not done talking before she was cut off by Old Mr. Kim.

"He's hurt right now and you two should not stay in the same room together. He needs a few days of good rest." Despite the fact that Old Mr. Kim's attitude toward Jungkook had softened up a lot, it was still difficult to have a complete turnaround right away.