258.Lisa had no idea where Jungkook could be. (3)

She had asked Mother Jeon in the past and knew that the incident happened in the afternoon. Mother Jeon, however, did not know the exact time.

Lisa looked at the sky and gathered that it was already afternoon. The sun was beating down, and as much as Lisa wasn't able to feel the temperature because of her transparent body, she could see that the plants around her were baked by the sun to the point that their leaves were curling.

Realizing the urgency of the situation, she picked up her pace.

When she reached the closest lotus lake, Lisa noticed that there were a lot of people around and that the lake was surrounded by a fence that was half the height of an adult. Naturally, Jungkook would not be able to fall into this lake.

Lisa left quickly and looked for another lake.

She had no idea how long she had been walking, but she reached the hotel area in the resort. She happened to run into Father and Mother Jeon walking out.

Delighted, Lisa quickly followed them.

Standing in front of Mother Jeon, it just occurred to Lisa that they were not able to see her. She felt a bit anxious. She couldn't possibly just materialize in front of them suddenly. That would frighten them. Plus, there were a lot of people around right now. All the more she could not just appear out of thin air.

"What did Mingyu say when you called him? He said he knows where Kook is?" Mother Jeon had on a delicate dress and a straw hat. She and Father Jeon were holding hands, and both of them were walking forward together.

It was obvious that Father Jeon was in a good mood, and his solemn eyes and brows mellowed out. With his arm half-way around his wife's waist, he smiled as they walked around. "They are over by the south gate."

South gate?

Lisa thought about it some.

She did see a lake on the south side. It was more remote and way less well-known than the Lotus Lake and the Freedom Lake.

Lisa didn't care what Mother Jeon and Father Jeon were saying anymore but instead rushed toward the south gate.

The artificial lake in the south end was remote and didn't have many attractions nearby. Thus, there weren't a lot of tourists in that area.

Standing under a tree, Mingyu looked at Jungkook, who was standing there dazed while staring at the lake. His eyes dimmed a little.

Mingyu casually walked over to where Jungkook was and said to him, "What are you looking at? Is there something in the lake?"

Jungkook did not respond to him. He continued to look quietly at the surface of the lake. With the sunlight reflected off the surface, the ripples looked like they were coated with broken pieces of gold.

Sometimes people with autism were attracted to shiny things.

Mingyu's lips curved a little. What a fool. He could just space out looking at the surface of a lake.

It was boring and quiet with nobody around them, except for some birds that occasionally made some noises, breaking the tranquility of their surroundings every now and then.

Walking behind Jungkook, Mingyu moved closer to Jungkook such that he was almost touching his back. Mingyu's lips curved, and he was snickering. "There are prettier things inside the lake. Would you like to take a look?"

Having said that, he shoved Jungkook without so much as a difference in his expression.

Jungkook lost his footing and fell forward into the lake.

There was a massive splash. Mingyu looked down from above at Jungkook, who was floundering in the water.

He was not stupid enough to murder Jungkook right there. No. He was not that stupid. That being said, he could make Jungkook suffer some.

"Kook, hang in there. I'll save you," said Mingyu. His tone was cold, and he was still standing straight in the same spot without showing that he was going to move any time soon.

Apparently, he was taunting Jungkook on purpose.

When Lisa arrived, she immediately spotted Mingyu standing by the lake with his hands in his pants pockets, looking down at something.

Jungkook was nowhere to be seen.

Lisa's face dropped instantly. She rushed over instantly and witnessed Jungkook struggling to keep his head afloat above the water.

Jungkook didn't know how to swim nor did he know how to cry for help. He could do nothing but splash the water clumsily and struggle wildly. When Lisa arrived, he was just about to reach his limit and sink into the water.