245.Everything that was his belonged to her, including him. (3)

After her manager spoke, Mingyu arrived home, so Eunha quickly ended her call.

Her tone soft, she pinched her voice as she greeted him, "You are back, Mingyu."

Feeling aggrieved, Eunha went up to him, wanting to throw herself in his arms and cry.

The very next second, however, Mingyu stopped her with his hand wearily. "What happened?"

Eunha was a little shocked that Mingyu did not hug her tight like he used to.

After a while, she had smoothed out the emotions on her face and finally said, "A video of wine being spilled on me over at Grandma's earlier had been posted online. I became the laughingstock of the netizens."

"I'll have someone take it down." Mingyu did not react too much to that.

Eunha looked at him with uncertainty. "Lisa probably had someone posted the video online. She wanted to make a fool out of me. All of the comments on the bottom praised her and belittled me. She wanted to embarrass me."

Mingyu frowned. "I'll have someone look into that. If she really was the person behind it, I will let my parents know."

Eunha looked happy. Mother Jeon played favoritism toward Lisa. However, Eunha was sure that Mother Jeon would dislike Lisa too, if she found out that Lisa was also a manipulative person behind others' backs.

"Mingyu, you are so nice to me," said Eunha delicately with her voice still pinched.

With his ink-black eyes, Mingyu looked at his wife who had become so unfamiliar to him. He recalled her slender body and delicate side profile and chin when he had first met her in that alleyway. The Eunha in his memory was so different from the Eunha now.

She was like a beam of light back then that had lit his life up.

He wanted to hold onto that purity. So, he had dragged his body behind her and caught up to her at the end of the alleyway.

He hid the dark side within him and allowed Eunha to shine light onto him.

And now, he suddenly noticed that the pure white light had disappeared bit by bit, and he was just looking at an unfamiliar face.

Mingyu recollected himself. "I have some more work to do tonight and will be sleeping in the study."

Having said that, he walked out under Eunha's watchful eyes.

Eunha bit her lip and panicked a little. Then again, she recalled that Mingyu saw her as his savior and had always doted on her. That made her feet better.

The next morning.

A young man showed up at the Jeon family after breakfast.

"He was Kook's old assistant, Taehyun." Mother Jeon made the introduction. "Jiyong and I had a discussion, and we would like to have Kook resume working in the office again."

After the kidnapping, her son had stopped going to office as his symptoms had gotten worse and his episodes happened more frequently. He had been staying home since.

Now, h e had been getting much better and wasn't as intimidated about going to crowded places. Thus, considering that he could not stay home forever, Mother Jeon contemplated having him return to the office.

"This is Kim Lalisa, Kook's wife." Mother Jeon introduced the two of them. "My idea is to have Taehyun resume the role as Kook's assistant and help him out at the office."

"Hello, Miss Kim." Taehyun greeted Lisa politely and cheerfully.

Taehyun was very young, probably around the same age as Jungkook. He had on a red checkered shirt, and he was bespectacled. He looked clean and showed a positive attitude.

Lisa nodded at him. "Hi."

Mother Jeon said to Lisa, "We haven't told Kook about this yet. Lali, Mom would like you to talk to Kook about this."

Lisa nodded and acknowledged her request. She agreed with Mother Jeon.

She, too, would like Jungkook to come into contact and communicate with more people. Perhaps, he could even make some friends.

That night, Lisa asked about Jungkook's thoughts on it.

"Do you want to go to work at the office?" She had learned from Mother Jeon that he was kidnapped on his way to work previously. She worried that he was still traumatized by it.

Jungkook had already finished showering. Today, he was weating a red pajama covered with prints of dog heads. "Go."

Turning, he pulled out a few black cards from the drawer and handed them over to Lisa. "Support Lili."

Grandpa had said it. He needed to support Lili.

Lisa was a little dazed. Looking at the cards that Jungkook had shoved into her hands, she didn't know what to make of it. "You've given me a card already."

"Yours, all yours."

Under the light, Jungkook's fringes laid on his forehead softly, and meekness could be seen between his eyes and brows. He wanted to give all of his possessions to Lisa. "All Lili's."

Including himself.