•38•

Day Three

Y/N

The next day, went by a lot quicker than yesterday. And while Monty was still on your mind, you were able to focus on other things because you spent the day with Riley and Nick.

First thing you guys did was go out to eat.

Sitting around the table waiting on your food, the three of you conversed.

"Im starting to regret taking classes, while also working at the pizzaplex. Its low key exhausting..." Riley said, sipping their drink.

You could see the exhaustion on their face.

"But! Im happy to be out with you guys right now. You more than Nick y/n."

Nick gasped, "love, im hurt!?" He smiled and pulled Riley into a side hug.

They were so cute, you thought. At lease they had something genuine.

You couldn't help but feel a little jealous.

"What are you taking classes for again?" You asked.

"Oh, just like social services type of classes, ya know the whole i wanna help people thing."

You didn't picture Riley as someone who wanted a career in helping people. But it was pretty cute, sweet even that they wanted to do that.

"Well you may be suffering now but itll be for the greater good im sure,' you told them taking a sip from your drink.

"Yeah, you're even a step ahead of me. Im still trying to get accepted into vet school." Nick cut in, pouting.

"You wanna be a veterinarian?"

"Yes, while Riley wants to help people I prefer the animals."

"What do you wanna do?" Riley asked.

"Oh..." You hadn't really thought about this, "im not sure... I dont know if i want to go to college.."

Nick huffed, "is it because you got your lover boy gator at the pizzaplex and you dont want to leave him behind?"

"What? Hes not- i dont-" you stuttered over your words.

You hadn't even told the two you have a thing for Monty.

"Oh calm down, what nick means, is we've just noticed you two are super close. We been wondering if theres anything goin on."

Just on time, the food came. The three of you thanked the waiter and nick was the first to dig in.

"So do you?" Nick asked, as he scooped a mouthful of food.

"N-no. Were just friends..." Honestly you weren't sure you wanted to share with them yet how you felt about Monty.

You wanted to, but keeping it to yourself felt more safe. Because what if again, Monty isnt into you like that? You dont want to make this real when you dont even know what you really want or what to do.

"Personal opinion, but i dont think friends look at eachother the way that gator looks at you." Nick said after a moment and shoveled more food into his mouth.