Chapter 1

I just finished my dinner and was cleaning my bed to sleep. My grandma came and sat on the bed and smiled at me, "You really are growing up too fast.." she said sadly. I frowned playfully and said "fast! I am just 12 how can I grow up fast!" I rambled. She chuckled and laid down on her bed.

"Nani.." I slowly called her. "Hmm...."she replied, "can you tell me about Mahabharat..?" I asked. She slowly opened her eyes and gently smiled at me and said "I tell you about you tomorrow promise" I nodded laid on my bed and started dozing off slowly.

_____________________________________

I suddenly felt really icky, like I was sleeping on dry grass..wait, I opened my eyes wide, the first I saw is big bulky man leaning over me. I screamed loudly, he scared, screamed even louder!

I covered my ears I looked at him questioningly. I looked around and saw four more men and one middle aged woman. Wow, I must tell she is really really beautiful..like her skin it resembles moon and eyes are jus- wait where am I?

I looked at my surroundings and then looked at a man, he had a lean body but still and muscles. Shoot! He is hot!! Don't be distracted Mohini. We must stay focused sisters! We must stay focused! "Where am I ?" I asked softly "किं वदसि?"(what did you say?) What did he say? I looked at him confused. "Where am i" I said gesturing my hand as that would help. "अहं न जानामि, त्वं किं वदसि इति कन्ये.." (I can't understand what are saying girl) he said. shit! shit! I am lost, slowly anxiety started to raise in me..tears well up in my eyes. I looked at people scared.

The woman, who was I guess was there mother came in front of me, she had such a motherly look on her face, it just felt like I saw my Nani's nature in her. I don't know what came upon me I just hugged her and started sobbing... loudly...like really loudly. I really don't mind if those men think I am going crazy. Because certainly I am.

Few minutes later I calmed down, and was a hiccuping mess. One man, who was drop dead gorgeous, like his beauty cannot be described by word. So beautiful, his beautiful dark ey-, shut up just shut up Mohini for god sake!

That man offered me some water. I drank and looked at every one, one by one slowly taking in their features. One of the men who I think is oldest among the brothers. He looked like he was in his mid twenties.
The second one beside him also looked like he was in his mid twenties. But after him the other three looked like they are in there early twenties.

I looked at them awkwardly. I think one of the them noticed and said "What is your name Devi?" "Huh?!" I said confused. They chuckled and gestured me to say my name. "Mohini" I said. They slowly smiled and introduced themselves.

_____________________________________

That was 6 months ago fellas.

Hmm...how the time flies. I have been living with them. I would say slowly but surely I am learning sanskrit, like I can understand what they are saying but could never speak it properly. Mata Kunti was really nice and kind. She treated me like her own daughter. I was so happy with her, I would babble things and rant infront of her and she would listen to me with a small smile on her face as if understanding everything.

She was the only person I was close with. The other five...we were always awkward with eachother for no reason. And also for the fact if you guys think that I call them big brother or something, Nope....Na..Na..Nada. I can't accept them as brothers they are too... beautiful for that.

But yeah I do fight with Nakul and Sahadev for the fact who is going to sleep near Ma for the night. But as you know This mama right here doesn't take no for an answer. Our fights would be so confusing, like I would screaming in English and Hindi and they would be yelling in Sanskrit. Yuddhisthir, Bheem, Arjun and Mata would be looking left to right as if it was a tennis match. But at end of day I would sleeping near Mata on the other side would be Sahadev.

______________________________

I was sitting under a tree enjoying the weather, It is peaceful and calming here. The brothers went for their small jobs, Mata was doing prayers to Lord Shiva.
My life here, I would say was almost ok. Like fitting here was hard. Like no sanitatio- oh wait...wait. Am I peeing my self..? I got up but struck with a painful cramp in my stomach. Shit what is happening to me..?

I whinced in pain and I think Mata heard it as she came out of the hut. "What happened putri?!" She asked worriedly. She looked down at my legs and saw blood and realised.

She gave me small smile. Woman I am shedding blood, i am going to die, how can you be happy about it...? She gently dragged me to nearest river. And brought me pair of clothes. And gave me a long clean white cloth and folded it in a rectangular shape. "Use this putri". I listened to her and did what she said. Took a bath, changed into new clothes and used the cloth. I came back to her, scared of what is happening to me.

"Daughter you got your Rtu. It means you are now a woman, some sudden changes are gonna come in your body, health, etc." She said fondly. "Changes..?" I asked confused. She laughed patting my head with a slight blush on her face. "A lot of changes, you will eventually understand." "Ok" I said looking at her understanding.

_____________________________

There goes the first chapter of my first book. And also everything I write in this book is fictional only. It is not the real personality of the character.

So please don't take it seriously.

Luv luv🌸