Chapter 23

Happy belated Holi!!!!
___________________________________________

"why are you here?" she asked glaring at him.

"I just wanna talk to you-" But Yuddhishtir was cut off by her, "But I don't want to to talk to you!" she said in a nonchalant way, "Mohin-" "No Mohini, I don't want to talk to you and that's final, lot things happened, not even once you came and cleared things out." she said sadly, not even looking at him.

A dasi entered suddenly gaining their attention, "Devi mohini and Rajkumar Yuddhishtir, it's time for dinner, Rajmata is calling everyone."

Mohini was struggling getting up as she feeling bit weak but Yuddhishtir immediately came to her side to help her. She looked at him in the eyes, they did exchange any words and stayed silent as it was for the best.

_________________________________________

Yuddhishtir and Mohini, by the help of Yuddhishtir, reached the main hall were dinner was being served.

Bheem noticed their presence and immediately said “Bhrata come, Mohini you too.” he said excitedly, as he made some space between him and his mother.

Yuddhishtir was about sit but Bheem interrupted, “Jyesth why don't you go and sit their, beside pitamah..?” he said hesitantly. Yuddhishtir looked at him, weirded out, but nevertheless went beside Pitamah.

“Mohini come sit!” Bheem said patting the space beside him. Mohini looked around and saw there was no other space left, so she went and took a sit beside him.

She didn't look at him once while settling herself. Maybe she is just trying to distance herself from the brothers for better. The food was served and Mohini didn't take much as she was feeling bit sick.

Everyone was eating their food silently, it  felt really weird for Mohini, because in forest Mohini would blabber and they use at least laugh. But here everything felt, empty.

Mohini then searched for her Panchali jiji, and saw her sitting beside Yuddhishtir but she didn't have her plate infront her, she wasn't eating.

“Jiji why aren't you eating?” she asked, not really thinking about the outcome. Suddenly everyone stopped eating and looked at her.

But she was still looking at her jiji, expecting an answer, on the other hand Draupadi was red with embarrassment. “Royal wives eat after their husbands” replied one of the Kauravas, that Mohini didn't even know his name, she wasn't even interested.

“But ma, in forest we all use to-” “Mohini, it's a rule that all royal brides follow.” Kunti ma said and for the first time she used a strict voice with her. Her eye widened, she immediately looked down embarrassment evident on her face, for what the scene she has caused.

Everyone resumed their eating session, but Mohini was bothered. Why women ate after men in this family, this concept was new to her.

As she looked around and slowly observed that all the wives were beside their respective husband, serving them, fanning them. Draupadi, princess Bhanumati, the other wives, even Queen Gandhari.

It irked her for some reason. 

Then she looked at Bheem who was sitting beside her, he was already looking at her with a innocent look. She looked down,‘why is he looking so cute so suddenly!’ she thought to herself.

She was feeling bit dry while eating, and was about to drink from her glass, when the glass slipped from her clumsy hands and the glass fell on Bheem's thigh.

Her eyes widened when she immediately took her palu, and started wiping him. How can she she embarrass her for the second infront of everyone.

“i am so sorry!, Rajkumar Bheem! I should have been more careful!” she said panicking, still wiping his thigh.

It kind of hurt him, She called him Rajkumar. But he knew it was for the time being, he is going to make up to her, soon.

Saaf karne ki zarurat nahi hai shree, tumhare hatho se gira jal mereliye ganga jal se kam pavitra nahi hai.” he said in a low voice, which was only heard by her. She looked at him in the eyes, and saw some kind devotion.

Ab Maan bhi jao Mohini, kshyama kardo..baat karo mujse..” he said in low pleading voice. She looked down, her cheeks red and hot for some reason, and she didn't want him to see that. So, she just nodded and continued her meal.

Bheem was happy but he new, he has to do more.

___________________________________________

The dinner was over. And everyone went to their respective chambers. Except Mohini.

She wanted some fresh air, after today's awkward and embarrassing dinner and was walking in palace's garden. It felt good and peaceful, small rabbit jumping here and there, a water fountain, moon light shining on everything. It looked everything out of heaven according to Mohini.

She say on the grass looking at the view, a small bunny came near feet, it was too cute not to hold. So she obviously picked him up and was cooed him cutely.

The new king of Anga Desh was stressed, and wanted some open space. He was walking through the corridors of the palace, to reach the royal gardens.

He took a deep breath when he finally reached their, taking in the freshness.

He was slowly walking when his gaze fell on the new girl, who was playing with a rabbit, while laying on the grass, without any care, was giggling and talking to that small creature, as of it understanding her. The Moon light was directly on her, as of putting a spotlight, it was making her look etheral. He took another deep breath, not able to take in the view the infront of him.

He slowly sat on the spot on which he was standing, wanting nothing more than to admire her.

Mohini slowly turned and laid on her stomach, while doing so she noticed a man sitting few distance away from her, looking at her. He was.. beautiful..or, shining bright like sun, even at night. She was looking, more like admiring him.

But then she remembered him, he was against Arjun in sabha. Her face suddenly hardened, remembering everything. “it's rude to stare at people, especially if it's a girl.” she said in a hostile manner.

But Karn was far too lost, “what's your name?” he asked, in a dreamy manner. Mohini frowned, is this man for real?

“that's not a quiet appropriate response.” she said looking at him, getting up and fixing herself, but the man still wasn't out of his world.

“what is your name Devi..?” he again asked. Ok, is this guy ok? Wasn't she introduced this morning. Everyone here is so weird.

She got up and clapped her hands infront of his face, breaking his trance, Karn flinched. “hmm..clear case of mental illness...” she said said looking at him, as if diagnosing him.

She walked away from him, not looking back.

‘This place is weird and people here are more weird, I should have ran away with Jagganath that day...' she thought to herself.

______________________________________________________________________________________

There goes the chapter 23!!

There is a bad news..my phone cannot be fixed...༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ Koi problem nhi...

So, I have to write from my father's phone...it's ok ..the updates are gonna be bit irregular as it's not my phone bit I will try my best!! I promise.

Do tell me which Rajkumar's part did like!!! Ok?!

Like and vote 

And and I wanna thank you @krishn_sakhi for giving me ideas again and my readers for giving me your wonderful ideas, you guys are really talented!!!

Luv Luv 🪷

(Unedited)