Love At First Sight

August 8th 2023
Los Angeles, California

Almost two weeks had passed by and it was plain to see that the two of them were falling in love with one another. The Los Angeles shows had been thrust upon her and they were wearing Taylor out. She was glad that she would soon have a small break where in which she would go back to New York to rest and recover before departing for the final shows of the US leg of the tour in Mexico City.

Taylor had decided to use her Beverly Hills mansion as her base for the shows as it was more straightforward than a hotel. She could have friends over and there was plenty of room for her team to stay with her should they wish to. Her dancers had decided to stay in a hotel 15 minutes down the road, and Taylor could understand. They were a tight knit group of people and she could understand how no matter how lovely it was for her to offer her home to them, she too would possibly feel uncomfortable sharing a house with her boss. Taylor tried her best to seem like an equal within her team: everybody was there to play a vital role, no one more important than the other. Just don't tell Tree anyone said that...

"Soo how is Lover Boy Sel???" Taylor enquired, taking a sip of her berry smoothie from where she had just made it in her Nutrabullet. Her and Selena had taken time away from work to go out for dinners and hang out that week, with it being one of her only chances to see one of her closest friends in a long time. Taylor wished she could feel at home in Los Angeles the way Selena did, but she never could. But then again they came from different backgrounds. Taylor had come from a quiet middle class north east lifestyle that she switched for a life on the road as a musician and artist. Selena had been a Disney child star. The only place for that has always been LA.

"Oh you know. He is fine. We are just keeping things very chilled and casual. I was trying to keep a low profile and you know, keep my lips sealed about the relationship but-"

"I guess your grandmother didn't get the memo!" Taylor answered and Selena nodded making the pair of them begin to laugh. Taylor felt her phone buzz. Ordinarily she liked to keep her phone on silent when she was with her friends and family but she had been keeping it on for work related business seeing as she wasn't with Tree as often as she usually was when on tour. She grabbed it out of her pocket and glanced down at the screen. A familiar name popped up in her unread messages and her heart lifted and fluttered. She quickly skimmed the message whilst Selena was occupied in the bathroom.

Travis: Good morning beautiful, hope you slept well. I found a charter flight to NYC that will get me in early morning on the 16th. I'll have to send over all of the details when I get back from training camp as I'm already about to be late. Ill call you later xxx

Taylor emitted a large grin, imitating the cheshire cat. Selena instantly picked up on this when she came back into the living room.

"And what's gotten you all grinning and flushed?" She asked, coming to sit next to Taylor on the sofa. Taylor hid her phone back in her pocket, rubbing her sweaty palms against her trousers.

"Oh nothing, just looking at some of the cute reels and videos from last nights show. You know the devotion the fans have to the-"

"Devotion to the show, yeah I get it blah blah blah." Selena uttered, rolling her eyes sat her best friend. "Tay, I've known you for what 18 years. I know that look and it isn't about the fans. Plus I know as well as you do that Tree has banned you from social media and looking at tour videos before the shows. It always likes you out!"

Taylor sat there gobsmacked. She knew lying to Selena had been a good idea, especially when she had known Taylor for so long. Taylor knew that she was not a good liar. She never had been, Austin was always the one to get away with things but then again he was the younger sibling.