Ordinary People

August 23rd 2025
Kansas City, Missouri

Today was a big day, for the whole of the Kelce family.

Today was the day that Taylor was coming home, and things seemed to be finally looking up for the family. The Chiefs had emerged victorious from their game in Buffalo against the Bills once again and his family were going to be finally back together after nearly two weeks of being apart. Taylor had had to stay in hospital for an extra day of observations before she was declared fit and well to go home. She would of course continue with her therapy and medications whilst she was at home but they had all agreed together that being at home would be the best way forward. There is no place like home, especially Kansas.

Travis had woken up early, a new spring in his step and a youthful excitement about himself. The sun seemed to shine even brighter that morning as he stepped out onto their balcony terrace outside of their bedroom. He had dreamed about today for what felt like an eternity and it was finally happening. He had dared not get his hopes up about it before but now that the day was upon them, he couldn't contain the happiness or the sheer excitement. That night he would have Taylor wrapped up in his arms, Luna snuggled upon between them, watching the sunrise and the stars begin to appear. His own little Luna would stare up at the Luna in the sky, and he would tell her all about the stars, and how they had aligned to bring her mom to him for the first time and again to bring their family back together once more.

He showered early, before Luna had time to take up before scooping the baby up to take her downstairs. There was already fresh breastmilk in the fridge that Travis had brought home from the hospital the day before that Taylor had been pumping whilst she had been away. He placed it in their bottle warmer, putting on some music to wake the baby up a bit more.

"Causes the players gonna play play play play play. And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate. Baby I'm just gonna shake shake shake shake shake. Shake it off, shake it off." Travis sang to the baby who was laughing uncontrollably up at him from her bouncer on the kitchen floor. The bottle didn't take long to warm up and after testing the milk on the back of his hand to make sure that it wasn't too hot, he grabbed the giggling baby out from her chair and took her over to the sofa to feed her. She was a good eater and liked to eat a lot, just he had as a baby. Whilst Luna took mostly after her mom's looks, she inherited her personality from Travis. Only time would tell if she would bring as much chaos and terror as he had as a young baby. God help them all if she did. He wasn't sure how his parents had done it, especially with having Jason to look after at the same time as well as full time jobs. If she walked at eight months like he had, he would be asking his mom to dig out the leash because that would be hell on earth to deal with on game days or when Taylor eventually started touring with her music again.

But he couldn't sit around waiting for long. He had a surprise to plan. Nothing massive but a small gathering of their closest friends and family around at their house to celebrate Taylor coming home. Andrea and Scott were in town for a few more days along with his parents who would fly back to their respective homes in Florida and Pennsylvania in the days following. Jason, Kylie and the girls were also making the trip down to see Taylor out of the hospital, Travis sure that Jason's flipflop wearing blunt as fuck humour would put a smile onto her face. And the girls missed seeing their cousin, always asking to see Luna when they were filming new Heights. Luna hadn't made her New Heights debut just yet, and neither had Taylor but Travis was determined to get them both onto the show at the some point that season, maybe for another Kelce family special at Christmas time. He had ordered some food that would be delivered to their house later on and his mom and Andrea both had taken it upon themselves to organise the party whilst Travis was away getting Taylor. They had invited Brittany, Patrick and their two young children over along with Aric, Ross and his managers Andre and Aaron and their respective partners. He arranged the stuff he needed to get done in the house as best as he could whilst Luna napped; Taylor wasn't being discharged until just after lunchtime so he had plenty of time to get some housework bits completed as well as some emails and endorsements he needed to catch up on whilst the pre-season was still strong. He sat waiting for Luna to wake up from her nap, scrolling through instagram and Twitter in the process. He had learnt the hard way not to wake a sleeping baby. She was like he was: could sleep through a hurricane and if you woke up before she was ready, she would let you know. And she would let you know for a really, really long and painful time. He stumbled across a few funny tweets that Jason and a few of his friends had posted and gave them all a quick like. And then he stumbled across aa post that he didn't like the look of. A gossip page post, some kind of TMZ or Deuxmoi sort of site, speculating on what was going on between himself and Taylor. There were the original scandalous photos of him with Taylor after the incident two weeks ago on top of some new ones that he wasn't aware of. Ones of him with Luna at the hospital the day before, carrying some food for them to share and taking in some things for her from home that she had wanted him to bring in for her. He scrolled through the article, it was all full of bullshit lies and absurd third party sources, apparently close to the family. Yeah right, anyone who was close to the family knew they were to keep their mouths shut and say nothing to the papers or the press. Even Travis' father Ed, who was normally the first one to give some random statement to a newspaper or tv crew, had stayed true to his word and stayed silent on the situation. And it enraged him to see the bogus lies, the heartbreaking accusations splashed across pages in large font. Accusations that it had been him who had harmed Taylor. That his passion for football on the field turned into violent anger behind closed door. He was a passionate man, but never a violent one. Not on purpose. On the very rare occasion that he had lost his temper with Taylor or anyone in his family, he was the first to immediately apologise and feel terrible about it. Underneath that hard facade he showed off in public, Travis was not a bad man. And what had made him the most angry, and been the photos. Not of himself, but of Luna. They had convinently forgotten to blur her face out of the photos, a clear violation of everything him and Taylor stood for and had asked for when they had brought Luna into this world. He sent the article to Tree and to his team.