Part One | 54

Chapter 54

Homecoming

A couple weeks later, things got bearable. Zech and Collie came out with their relationship and plenty of people were shocked and angry about it. It was nice to see that a lot of people were on my side, but the cheating rumors didn't stop. They weren't exactly rumors, but to everybody else they were. It was fine for them to talk about because they didn't know if it was true or not, but I did, and it was a constant reminder.

Math class was tolerant now that I was partners with a guy named Kaden. We actually ended up becoming really good friends. Occasionally, I'd glance up to my former spot where a girl now sat next to Collie.

It was better and we both knew it.

She and I didn't say a word to each other ever since she came to my house. Zech didn't try to start anything either, so school basically went by pretty well. Until Homecoming came around.

"Are you planning on going?" Melissa asked me as I helped her make dinner.

"Probably not," I admitted. "I don't really want to."

"I think you should still go. It'll be fun."

I shrugged. "I'll think about it."

Melissa sighed happily and wiped her hands on her apron after putting our dinner in the oven. "Now it just has to sit so you can go finish your homework."

I nodded. "Okay."

I hopped upstairs and was just about to pass my room until I heard Ursanne and Bella talking about my ex-girlfriend.

"She deleted every picture they had together except for one."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Did she have a lot of pictures with him?"

"At least a dozen... Oh my God!"

"What?!"

"He asked her to Homecoming!"

"What?! Let me see!"

"I can't believe her," Ursa spat after a moment of silence. "They haven't even been broken up for a month!"

"She said yes?!"

I heard my sister sigh. "Brayden's going to lose it when he sees this."

That was my cue.

"Sees what?" I inquired, stepping inside her room.

Ursa & Bella's heads jerked in my direction, their faces pale at the sound of my voice. They were sitting in the middle of the room on the floor, facing each other.

"Nothing," Ursa waved off, turning off her phone.

"Ursanne," I pressed, going over and hovering over them.

She looked at her best friend, who nodded, and then reluctantly turned her phone on. After unlocking it, Instagram showed up. Collie's Instagram.

Slowly, I took Ursa's phone to get a better look and as soon as I saw it, I wish I never asked in the first place. My stomach sank at the image, my eyes almost burning at the sight of both of them. I haven't seen them together like that. Not until now.

"Zech asked Collie to Homecoming?" My voice was small and on the brink of breaking.

Zech's hand was around my ex-girlfriend's waist. Both of them were smiling, genuinely might I add. She held a bouquet of pink roses in front of a row of lockers with letters that spelled WILL YOU GO TO HOMECOMING WITH ME and then underneath spelled COLLIE ? They were still in their uniforms, giving me the idea that it probably just barely happened.