Lastly

Lastly...

CAUTION: Lastly does contain *SPOILERS* on both this story and others so please read after you've finished the novel.

This is not part of the story. It is simply a clarification of the Splinters novel and basically an insightful chapter in which I will explain these topics:

- The creation of the book Splinters and its inspirations
- Brayden's immaturity & naivety
- Brayden's on/off thoughts on his break up & his own thoughts regarding when he wanted to break up
- Melissa and Greg's parental concerns and rules
- Collie's cheating
- Brayden and Collie's break up & your guys' thoughts toward it
- My final words
- A new book
- COLLIE'S POV
- A Splinters Sequel

Can I just heave a HUGE sigh?! It's over, my good friends. My second novel is finished. Without the editing and all, the book is nearly 800 pages on Microsoft word which will probably total down to 500 at the most when I self-publish it - AGAIN WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN, I'M STILL 15 - but boy, it's long!

First of all, let's begin with the fact that this novel took almost two entire years to write. I began it in January of 2014 and honestly didn't even mean to. At the time, I loved the TV show Fosters and *SPOILER ALERT* was so intrigued in the episode when Jesus and Lexi begin dating and eventually sleep together. The idea of a foster kid and his sister's best friend just sparked up some inspiration in me. Brayden, in a way, is Jesus - which he really is not. But yes, Jesus was the inspiration for Brayden Palmer Pierson.

Dylan Sprayberry (whom I loved WAY before Teen Wolf - therefore he is and forever will be mine and only mine) has always been Brayden. No other boy fits him more. If those of you haven't seen Man of Steel, that is Brayden. You can see Brayden in action in that film in every scene Dylan is in.

I think we can all thank Dylan Sprayberry for existing otherwise you would have a very not-so accurate Brayden Pierson.

Now that that's out of the way, let's begin.

Many of you are very controversial with this story. Some of you like how immature Brayden is, some of you do not. Let me explain. Brayden basically has absolute no male role model expect for Jake who left St. Anne's. He was not surrounded by many boys and therefore is not your typical teenage boy. Also, it's just Brayden's personality.

In some aspects, he is mature. In others, he's not. Brayden is timid and caring. Shy and prudent. He's a sensitive boy when we began this story. Eventually, as you continue to read, you can see Brayden begin to mature as he begins high school and interacts with other boys. He grows up. His stuttering begins to subside and he's more confident. It takes a while, but it happens.

Also, Brayden is supposed to be this naive. He's meant to be this naive. Kids at Constance are not like the kids at St. Anne's. Brayden has never been to school like Constance, and stereo typically, Constance is a private preppy school filled with preppy students. (I know not all private schools are this way. I have only gone to a private school my entire life). Brayden falling for Collie's words conveys the fact that Brayden has never acted this way towards a girl and has never been given that type of attention. Her saying that him and Collie can be friends with Ursa's permission - which she clearly never received - is supposed to confuse you about whether Collie's a good person or not, not to make you think Brayden's stupid. Despite what Ursa has told him - or lack thereof - he has no reason to stay away from her.