Xander

Like the purest snowflake,

Descending down on earth,

She is the princess,

She will not be hurt.

XANDER

Being so close to her was unnerving, even for me. When I leaned into her, I could feel her, take in her scent, hear her uneven heartbeat and feel the heat rising from her pink cheeks. It was overwhelming and I had to make a graceful exit after she pouted like a kid and made her even more adorable.

I made the mistake of reaching out and touching her. It shattered the restrain I built, it took massive power to hold in the urge to kiss her. But gratefully I realised that she was not totally unaffected by me. She blushed a lot and was not scared or nervous around me.

Knowing my nature and the feelings I had in extreme being around her was getting hard, hard to be so close and yet couldn't hold her in my arms. I could have turned invisible again but that was not helping.

One week. I will allow myself to be 'just friend' and see where that leads me. Will she be as uncomfortable around me or will she accept me as a friend? Will she consider me as more than a friend? But what if she had some idea about me.

I was startled to hear that she saw me that night and she actually came to right conclusion. And from what I can see, she doubted that I was her guardian angel. Damn my eye colour. Will she scare away if she the power I hold, who I actually was and what all I have done? It was so much better playing human to her. I couldn't allow my identity to be revealed.

But something told me she will never forget the eyes of her saviour.

I didn't see for the rest of the school day. It was too dangerous to be around her after our magnetic interaction in library. I just sensed her emotions to see if she was alright. Sometimes in middle of class her heart did go wild but besides that she was fine. She was even excited for the bonfire this week.

As the school ended, I noticed her walk towards her car with Brenna.

"Can't you stay and watch me act?" Brenna requested.

"I have to help my sister. She is very temperamental in pregnancy. I have to be with her." She said.

She was caring. She was fine with messing up her plans and takes care of her sister. This side of her character pleased me.

They drove back home talking about various things, Freya tactfully avoiding every question about me. Like expected Brenna had really nice words to say and so did Hazel. Even she didn't like me, I was sure her friends' elaborative description and adjectives used for me will make her like me.

And somehow the week passed. She was too busy with work and never once tried to talk to me.

We sat together in Chem and also I say behind her in maths but that was all. Our conversation was limited to hi's and hello's. I would have lost my mind and acted rashly if hadn't been for her hidden actions.

Sometimes as I sat in library pretending to read I saw her looking at me with a slightly tilted head, a gesture so wonderful and innocent. It made me adore her, like a child.

I was stupid to think I could try this friend scenario. She was not out spoken with people and hated making small talks. She would never come up to me and start a conversation. And it made quite clear for me that I could not just be friends with her. I had whole other level of thoughts and feeling just by seeing her, enough to discard me from angel position.