Freya

The pain remerged,

The feeling of guilt and loss.

But my Sentinel was here,

Shielding me from fire and frost

FREYA

A loud gasp escaped my mouth when he lifted me over the ground. My eyes found his and they were filled with amusement, curiosity, protectiveness and desire. I bit back my surprise. Maybe I misinterpreted the look.

As he soared above I felt the rise of my heart speed, my grip tightened around his neck and being so close to him caused turmoil inside me. My heart was constricted in my chest. For a moment I forgot all the worries and allowed his essence to fill me. Maybe I will never get such a divine chance.

I pushed away all hesitation and shame and edged closer, smelling him. He smelled like the best perfume in the world, like the freshness of ocean and light of sun, like the richness of chocolate and petichor, the smell of mud after rain and everything wonderful and exotic.

I felt him rumble with laughter. God! He knew I smelt him trying to memorize this closeness as long as it lasts. I have never felt this wonderful or secure even though I was on rescue trip for my friends, I snuggled closer, my head touching his chest. Maybe it was inappropriate to get this close to an angel and allow yourself the pleasure of touching and feeling him. And definitely not allowed to have dirty thoughts. God, forgive me.

"Freya enough of the joyride we are here. Open your eyes." His laughter filled voice break the song in my head formed just being so close to him.

Embarrassed at my unkempt emotions and deep desire I quickly got down and looked away lest he sees the dreamy look on my face. I quickly lowered my eyes to the mobile and looked for Brenna's and Hazel's location.

"They are separated!"I exclaimed but I noticed the look on his face suggested that he already knew.

"He is holding them hostage separately, smart. He isn't here two days and he is already creating havoc. How did he charm both of them in one go?" He was in his own thought process maybe not realising he said all this aloud.

"Do angels have power of mind manipulation?"I asked getting an idea.

"No, not anyone is given this power. But yes, very few ruling ones do." He stopped as if he was hiding something.

"Do you have this power? No the better question is have you used this power on someone?" I sounded suspicious.

He gave me sly grin answering my question with his casual shrug. Now I know how he got the seat next to me in chem.

"And yes, I made your boyfriend break up with you." He said it casually but it hit me hard.

I never loved Evan but I was kind of depressed for a day or two when Evan sudden broke up with me. He was the cool dude of our class.

"Why?" I asked bewildered at his act but surprisingly not angry.

"I will answer this later first let's play super hero."He started moving forward and I turned in Brenna's signal direction.

"What do you think you are doing?" His voice stopped my steps.

He sounded angry, why?

"I am going to look for Brenna while you look for Hazel. This will be more efficient."I explained not sure why he asked.

"You are not stepping away from my sight, don't even think about it." He practically threatened me.