The First Battle (Pre- Sarah J Maas books)

Maeve walked to the top of the hill that she was camped in, and surveyed the beautiful green plains that would be destroyed by the end of the day tomorrow. As she surveyed the enemies camps, a man stealthily walked behind her. "Hello" he said. Maeve jumped out of her skin and shifted to her animal form, a wyvryvn as black as obsidan. As she realized it was only her ally, Haeda, she shifted back. Haeda was the king of Hybern's brother, and heir to the throne. As she turned to face him, she felt a feeling like no other. Butterflies appeared in her fearless stomach, her tongue got tied up, and she started to turn a shade of red. Haeda said " You know, for an immortal fae warrior, you look quite pink." Maeve replied " I,um, kind of like you," and turned as red as a rose. Haeda replied, " I like you too, do you want to come over to my tent tonight" Maeve nodded, and looked away as Haeda left. Nightfall came, and Maeve appeared at the door of Haeda's tent. She went in and sounds could be heard throughout the night. As morning approached, Haeda woke Maeve so that they could prepare for the battle ahead. Maeve and Haeda got into their armor, and rose to wake their troops.

As the day wore on, piercing screams filled the air, and dead bodies littered the field like trash. Maeve battled soldier after soldier after soldier. All the soldiers fall as Maeve unleashes herself. The final remaining commander strikes his sword against the ground, and the one piece of land in the world splinters into continents, Maeve on one and Haeda on another. "Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!" yelled Maeve, as Haeda slid away.

As the years passed, Maeve turned evil because her love, Haeda was gone, and Haeda turned evil because Maeve was gone. They wished to see eachother again, but the only way would be through a portal.