The Day Court

Asterin Blackbeak abeak walked into a yellow portal that was the color of the sun at noon. She walked through the portal and found herself in a meadow surrounded by bright yellow and blue flowers. The sun was shining in the sky, casting long shadows on all objects. Asterin looked around, and in the distance she saw the shadow of a palace. Asterin walked towards the place, her Iron nails slipping out from beneath her fingers. As she drew closer to the palace, she saw that it was made of white stone, with golden doors, arches and windows. Everything about the palace seemed to radiate light. Asterin approached town golden double doors, with white suns standing out. As Asterin drew closer to the doors, they opened before she had a chance to even knock. She walked into the entry hall, which was filled with white seats adorned with golden cushions with patterns of the sun, and swirls for clouds. Asterin sat down in one of the numerous armchairs, when light started to swirl in the middle of the room and male with dark tan skin and amber eyes appeared. Asterin stood up and put her hands before her. " Who are you?" Asterin asked. 

The male merely laughed softly and said, " I am Helion Spell-Cleaver, High Lord of the Day Court. You are in the palace of the Day Court. May I ask, Who are you?"

Asterin stood up confidently and said, "I am Asterin Blackbeak, Second to Manon Blackbeak. I am an Ironteeth witch of the Blackbeak clan.Where is the Day Court?"

" It is in Prythian, haven't you heard of it?"asked Helion. Asterin shook her head. " If you aren't from Prytian, where are you from then?"

Asterin replied and said, " I'm from the Western Wastes, in Erilea." Helion hadn't heard of Erilea either. 

Helion said, " Let me trace the magic on you to find out how our two lands interact." Helion traced the magic on Asterin and found out that Erilea was in the same universe as Prythian, but they were on opposite ends of the world. Wondering how each continent had no idea of the other's existence Helion took Asterin to the library where they looked for history of the two continents. They found a legend about two armies fighting, and when only one remaining general was left, he stuck his sword into the ground so strongly that the continents splintered, tearing friends, families and lovers apart. Helion concluded that the legend was true, so he told Asterin his findings. Asterin was curious, but she only wanted to find Manon, who she told Helion had come through an orange portal. Helion took Asterin into one of the many rooms in the palace, and then wrapped himself in pure sunlight and winnowed back to the library to do more searching. Helion looked through the library searching for more evidence of Erilia, but he didn't find any, and eventually winnowed himself back to his own room, where he slept, dreaming of the new land.

***************************************************************************

Hi guys,

I hope you are enjoying A Kingdom of Light and Darkness. Please comment. 

Hope you guys like the story so far

- Aelin Archeon