The War Camp

As soon as Cassian woke up in the morning, he flew to the Illyrian camps north of the night court. Cassian launched himself off of the terrace, and opened his wings, soaring into the air. The wind brushed against his face like a dried paintbrush on canvas. He soared through the air, landing in the grassy clearing area in the middle of the war camps. All the Illyrian's turned to look at him, Devlon stepping forward to say, " Why are  you here Cassian. Last time I checked you were tucked up in the Night Court with your High Lord."

" I'm here to talk to you Devlon," said Cassian, " Alone." Cassian walked away into the war tent, Devlon reluctantly following him.  

" What do you want me for Cassian," said Devlon again.

" I need your help Devlon, as much as I hate admit it," said Cassian.

" For what, it's not like you need us in another war," Devlon said, and then noticed the look on Cassian's face and trailed off. " You do need us don't you?"  Cassian nodded. " Who against," Devlon asked,  his face flat and somber.

" Hybern," said Cassian, reflecting Devlon's expression. 

" Again?"

" Yes, but he has help this time."

"From who?"

" A  Fae queen from another land."

" I'll help," said Devlon.

" You'll get details later. Keep this to yourself.' Devlon nodded, and with that, Cassian shot out of the war tent and into the grey sky, massive black wings flapping, his dark outline sailing back to the Night Court, where he told Rhys, " I went to Devlon like you asked." Cassian then went to eat beakfast, but unbeknownst to him, somebody had been standing there, waiting for him to come home.

************************************************************************************

Hi Guys,

I know I haven't updated since Monday, but I've been busy.

I know this is short, but what did you think. 

Comment where you want the next chapter to happen and I will try to write the most commented one.

Hope you're enjoying a Kingdom of Light and Darkness.

- Aelin Archeom