Preparation for the Battle of the Ages

As the messenger's words hit everyone, the once calm room turned into a scene of confusion and chaos. Everyone was shouting at each other, as they thought the battle would be so much farther away than they thought. But the chaos soon ended, and was replaced by a new urgency, an urgency to prepare for the battle. Rhys stood up, and walked to the front of the room. He started to speak, calling the High Lords to battle. "Hybern is attacking us once more, but two of our own have joined them. We must fight, and save our home from him and his mate, Maeve, Queen of the Valg." As Rhys said the last sentence, cries of confusion erupted from the High Lords.

" What do you mean, Valg," asked Thesan.

Helion seconded that adding, " I have never heard of them in all of my time."

With that Aelin strode to the front of the room and started to speak. " None of you know who I really am, save the Inner Circle and my court. I am not from Prythian. I do not belong to any court. I am Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen." With this statement, cries of confusion erupted from all of the High Lords. " I am the heir of Mala Fire-Bringer. I am the heir of Brannon. I am Aelin Fire-Bringer, I am Aelin of the Wildfire. I am the Queen that was promised. Now, the Valg are monsters from my home world. They destroy everything, and take bodies, claiming them as their own. They can only leave a body by destruction of the collar or ring, or through a healer. Now, given that we have none of those, we can only use the next best thing. Fire. That is the Valg's biggest fear. And we have the most powerful fire-bringer since Mala and Brannon themselves on our side."

With that, Tarquin said, " Beron is the most powerful fire-bringer in Prythian. Ever. Many of his autumn court soldiers have the same power. There is no way one of you is equal to all of them."

When the last words came from Tarquin's lips, Manon burst into laughter. " Most powerful fire-bringer ever in Prythian. Yeah right. He can barely make a 10 foot bonfire."

Tarquin replied, " Exactly. A 10 foot bonfire is the biggest show of power any fire user in Prythian has ever done. There is no way that Aelin can stand against him and his whole army, all with strong fire powers."

And with that, Aelin joined back in. " Well, Tarquin, you see, Beron called himself master of fire when he met me. I said no, he wasn't and he challenged me to a fire duel. Lets just say a completely beat him."

Tarquin replied to that by saying, " Yeah right. You'll have to show us for us to believe you."

"Fine" said Aelin, " Rhys, Feyre, why don't you show them all. The memories just inside the boundaries of my walls," which she let down as soon as she finished talking. She let Feyre and Rhys inside, and then quickly sealed them after. The High Lord and High Lady broadcasted the memory to all company assembled. There were very different reactions from everyone. All of the other High Lords just stared at Aelin, their mouths slightly open.

But the reactions from the Inner Circle and Terrasen's Court were the best. Mor ran up to Aelin, and hugged her, saying that she better do the same thing to Erin, while laughing at Beron. Cassian started to bellow laughter, while a quiet smile tugged at Azriel's lips. Amren just smirked at Beron's pain. In the court of Terrasen, Lysandra started laughing and said to Aelin, " You show that stuck up idiot." Aedion laughed at his cousin, while Dorian just sat there, looking at Aelin with amusement. Manon started laughing again, while Asterin just looked at Manon in confusion, with the ghost of a smile tugging on her lips. Finally, Rowan said with his eyes to Aelin, " That's my Fireheart, but did you really have to hold back?"

After that memory, Kallias said, " You do have the power to beat Beron and scare the Valg, but you'll surely burn out."

With that, Aelin just smirked, and said again, " Feyre, Rhys, can you show them the memories I showed you when you told me about the war."

As the High Lords finished viewing the memories, and were staring at Aelin, she just said, " Believe me now?" and walked out of the door, leaving the other High Lords to assemble their troops.

The High Lords all winnowed away, and started to move their troops to the middle ground, as the Battle of the Ages approached.

*****************************************************************

Hi Guys,

I know that I haven't updated forever, but I did have my computer taken away.

Happy Christmas and New Year. For this year, I just hope that OTP (rowlin) is reunited. That's all I want.

What's your Sarah J. Maas OTP?

Hope you're enjoying A Kingdom of Light and Darkness.

-Aelin Archeon

The battle of the ages is approaching.