Haeda and Maeve

Maeve awoke in a bed a soft as a cloud. The King of Hybern, Haeda stood over her. Maeve looked at his face and struggled to get words out. "Haeda, are you really there?" asked Maeve.

" Yes, it is me. I thought I would never see you again," said Haeda, " How did you get here? It's impossible to travel between the continents. The only way would be through a...."

"Portal," Maeve said, finishing his sentence, " I came through a portal as black as obsidian."

"Like the color of the wyvern you shifted into when we confessed our feelings," said Haeda.

"Yes," Maeve said turning the same shad of pink she turned all those centuries ago. It seemed that after all those years, Haeda was still the only one with a key to her heart. " Haeda," Maeve said tentatively, " We have children."

"Whatt!!!!!!!" Haeda yelled, "How??!!"

" The night before the final battle, I got pregnant," said Maeve.

" Wait.." said Haeda," Does this mean you were pregnant during the final battle?"

"Yeah," said Maeve.

Haeda quietly asked, " How many kids do we have?"

" Four," Maeve said, " But 2 of them went missing a year ago. They were the 2 oldest, Dadgan and Brannagh ."

" Maeve," said Haeda," They landed here. My brother, Hybern, summoned them through a portal and sent them to the Spring Court in Prythian. They were killed by Feyre Archeon, High Lady of the Night Court. They poisoned her to a weakened state and battled her, but she killed both of them."

" Did you get to meet them at least?" asked Maeve.

" Yes," replied Haeda, " Hybern took me to meet them. He never told me they were my children. What are our other children called?"

" Their names are Haebelle and Kelstir. Haebelle is the 2nd youngest and was the gentlest. She loves hunting, but will only give animals easy deaths. Kelstir also loves hunting, but he also loves torture. I was going to give him my prisoner once he came back," said Maeve, " But I'm not there anymore, and neither is my prisoner. She's probably close by and gaining her magic back.'

" Who is she?"asked Haeda,"' And what powers does she have?'

" She is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. She is the most powerful master of fire since Brannon, blessed of Mala Fire-Bringer. Aelin is Mala Fire-Bringer's heir" said Maeve, " And she's my great-grand-niece,"

" Why did you have her prisoner," asked Haeda.

Maeve replied, ' One, I'm in a war against her. Two, my one ally in the war, Erawan, wants her tortured. Three, revenge. She is a descendent of Brannon, a subject of mine who betrayed me. Also, she made me free my best warrior, Rowan Whitethorn from his blood oath,"

"Those are good reasons, but I have one question. Why did she want to free your best warrior from a blood oath," asked Haeda.

" Because he's her mate and caraman," said Maeve.

" Oh," said Haeda," Maeve, I have something to tell you. We're mates."

"What?!!," said Maeve.

" I just found out," said Haeda.

Maeve embraced the bond, and fell against her bed in wonder. She then fell asleep as soon as she hit the pillows and slept all night, with Haeda coming and embracing her for the whole night.

*****************************************************************

Hi Guys,

Hope you are liking this. Please comment. Next chapter two ToG characters will meet. Comment which two characters you think it will be.

- Aelin Archeon