Chapter 56

Philip seemed to be in a bit of a better mood when Danny and Sebastian came to pick him up. Sebastian had managed to calm down and eat something during the day so he was in a bit of a better mood, and Danny was fast asleep in the passenger seat next to Sebastian his head resting against the window. Sebastian made sure to playfully shush Philip as he got into the car, gesturing to Danny. Philip nodded and giggled quietly in the back seat, closing the door as quietly as he could. When they finally got back to the house Philip was the first one out of the car but popped his head back in when Sebastian called him back before he shut the door.

"Yes Sebby?" Philip asked in his best whisper voice, which wasn't really a whisper at all.

"Sorry about being all cranky earlier, I've just been having a bit of a bad day since I got some rather not nice news," Sebastian explained trying to be as vague about his situation as he possibly could. Philip was far to young to need to know about this kind of painful situation.

"Its okay, big brother had said that you were having a hard time, I hope that you feel better soon though," Philip replied as he smiled and closed the back door of the car before waltzing up to the front door of the house. Sebastian chuckled quietly to himself as he watched Philip wave at him from the doorway. Sebastian turned his attention back to Danny who was now curled up on the passenger seat with his arms underneath his head.

"Danny, we're back at the house," Sebastian said as he gently shook Danny's shoulder to try to wake him up. Danny started awake before slowly looking around to get his bearings again. 

"Sorry, did I fall asleep?" Danny questioned as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

"Yeah, just for a little bit though," Sebastian said as brushed the hair out of Danny's eyes with his fingertips. Danny, being still partially asleep, let out a small contented noise before quickly slapping a hand over his mouth, his face going bright red.

"Sorry about that," Danny mumbled as he looked down at hands that were clasped tightly together in his lap. That was probably the second most embarrassing thing that he has ever done in front of Sebastian, just behind the whole getting drunk thing.

"Its fine, it was actually kind of cute," Sebastian murmured as he brushed the backs of his fingers against Danny's cheek, before quickly pulling back. "Let's get inside before my parents start to wonder what we're up to out here."

Sebastian got out of the car first and waited by the door for Danny to join him. Danny got out of the car and sheepishly looked up to Sebastian. Sebastian smiled down at Danny for a moment forgot about everything that was on the other side of the door, and all the problems that had been pressuring him since this morning just seemed to disappear for a moment. But as soon as they both walked through the front door, the pressure came back with a crushing force and Sebastian immediately started to shy away from Danny.

Danny wondered what had caused the near immediate change, and looked around the room to see Sebastian's parents sitting on the couch in the living room with their work suits still on. Danny tried not to show how annoyed he was, considering that they had opened their home to him and his younger brother, but Danny could blatantly see that they made Sebastian nervous and uncomfortable.

"Sebastian dear, do you mind if we talk to you alone for a minute," Sebastian's mother asked sweetly, but she had that weird therapist smile on her face. You know the one that's supposed to make you feel more comfortable and at ease but all you feel is apprehension.

"I'll see you upstairs," Danny murmured as he purposefully brushed his hand against Sebastian. Danny walked slowly and purposefully up the stairs and up to the room that was now pretty much completely Philip's, since Danny spent most of his time in Sebastian's room. Philip was sitting on the bed with a colouring book in his lap, and pencil crayons spread out all over the bed. Danny smiled at him before he grabbed a book off of the shelf and walked back to Sebastian's room. Danny was thinking that it would be a while before Sebastian would be allowed to come back up stairs, especially with that clinical aura that they were giving off.

Danny laid down on Sebastian's bed and began to read the book that he had brought with him. he was surprised when he saw Sebastian walk into the room after only being able to read through 20 pages. Sebastian looked exhausted when he closed the door behind him, leaning back on it as he sighed. That's when it dawned on Danny as to why Sebastian was so worked up around his parents.

"Your parents, they don't know about what really happened in the time that you were missing do they? Or about your...umm...unusual coping method?" Danny asked trying to be careful about what he was saying. Sebastian looks up from the ground to face Danny, he's eyes were glassy from the tears that he was holding back. Sebastian just shook his head afraid that his voice would break and reveal how messed up he really was feeling. "Why? I mean they are your parents aren't they?"

"Yeah, but they don't really treat me like their son when it comes to my emotional well-being, they just treat me like any other patient that they would have in their offices. That's just not what I want, I just want my parents to be my parents," Sebastian said as he slid down the door to the floor. "They did try to send my to hospitals and other psychologists in our hometown but after the first couple times I just couldn't take all the prodding and overmedication that made me feel nothing. I don't want to go through that all over again."

"I'm sure that not all psychologists are like that," Danny said as he sat up on the bed with his legs hanging off the edge. "I mean, Philip and I went to a very nice lady who helped us deal with the death of our older brother. Maybe its just because you haven't met the right one yet, for now though its just you and me talking, okay?"

Danny patted the empty space on the bed next to him to try to get Sebastian to at the very least get off the floor. Sebastian stared back at Danny with hollowed eyes, before slowly pulling himself off the floor and shuffling over to the bed. Sebastian sat on the bed leaving a noticeable space between himself and Danny. Danny snorted at the gap and slid closer to Sebastian so that they were touching knees but didn't push it any further, considering what else he had wanted to mention to Sebastian.

"Look I don't think that we should do these, umm, exercises anymore because I want to try something that is a bit out there," Danny mentioned as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"What did you have in mind?" Sebastian asked curiously, his eyes brightening up just the slightest at the change of subject.

"Well I know that you have a problem with touching me, and people in general, so I figured that if you had a way in which you could touch someone without the fear that you would get touched without your consent," Danny started as he tried to figure out how he was going to say his plan without sounding like a complete pervert. Sebastian appeared intrigued as he patiently sat and waited for Danny to continue. "Well this would only really work with me, but it would be a start, perhaps. I would give you permission to bind my hands behind my back and..."

"No, no, no there's no way that I could possibly do anything like that, especially not to you," Sebastian said as he interrupted Danny, his hands had started to shake as he spoke. Danny felt both hurt but also excited that Sebastian considered him so highly.

"Alright," Danny relented but reached down to his pants, took off his belt, and hung the belt on the end of Sebastian's bed post up by his headboard. "But if you change your mind just let me know, because I trust you and I want you to know that you can trust me too."