Chapter 58

Sebastian woke up to the sound of the alarm clock, that was next to his bed, going off in the early morning. It sounded strange to Sebastian, since his anxiety usually woke him up long before his alarm ever went off. It felt nice to actually sleep in for a change, well at least to sleep in until he was actually supposed to be getting up. Sebastian felt something move against his chest and peeked underneath the blankets. Curled up against his chest and wrapped up in his arms was Danny, still sound asleep. Even though Sebastian felt slightly uncomfortable in opening up himself to Danny and making himself vulnerable, he hadn't felt this warm and connected to a person since he was a young boy. Sebastian squeezed Danny against him in a tight hug, not wanting this moment of calm and pure bliss to end.

"Morning," Danny whispered groggily into Sebastian's neck, causing a shiver to snake it's way across Sebastian's neck and back. Danny wrapped his arms round Sebastian's waist as he pulled back to look up at Sebastian's face.

"Morning," Sebastian said as he shifted down and kissed Danny on the lips. Even though his stomach did some nervous twisting, Sebastian had never felt like he had belonged somewhere more than he had right at that moment lying next to Danny. Danny made a small mewling noise as he leaned into the kiss before pulling back.

"Do we have to get up?" Danny asked as he tangled his legs with Sebastian's. Sebastian chuckled before he planted a kiss on Danny's forehead.

"Yeah, we do," Sebastian replied, but didn't move to untangle himself from Danny.  "But I think that we still have a few more minutes before we actually have to get up."

Danny couldn't help but giggle and rub his nose against Sebastian's, making Sebastian chuckle before kissing Danny's nose. Their cuddling session was interrupted by a quiet knocking at the door of Sebastian's room. They both sat up quickly, Sebastian throwing on a pair of pajama pants that he had thrown on the floor the night before and got off of the bed. He walked over to the door as Danny fumbled around for his pajama pants, not knowing where Sebastian had put them after last night. Sebastian checked to make sure that Danny was clothed first before he pulled open the door to see who had knocked.

"Oh hey Philip," Sebastian said with a smile as he opened the door the rest of the way so that Philip could come into the room. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to remind big brother about my sleep over tonight," Philip said as he walked into the room and smiled up at Danny who was seated on the edge of the bed.

"Oh right right, Sebastian is it okay for you to drop him off at his friend's house on the way back home after school?" Danny asked as he glanced up to look at Sebastian, sheepishly.

"Yeah, that's fine," Sebastian said as he smiled down at Philip before setting up his hand for a high-five from Philip. Philip gave him his biggest high-five before prancing out of the room and down the hallway. Sebastian and Danny joined Philip downstairs a few minutes later after they had gotten completely dressed. Philip had just about finished eating his breakfast, alone at the kitchen table. Danny frowned and thought that it was a bit odd as to how clingy Sebastian's parents had been the last few days, to just all of the sudden not be there was just weird. Sebastian seemed to relax when he realized that his parents weren't downstairs, did they really have such a strained relationship when things got rough?

"Let's get something to eat and then we can head out to the school," Sebastian said as he gave a small smile to Danny, placing a hand on the centre of his back as he led him to the kitchen. After they had finished eating, all three of them piled into the car and headed off the grade school first to drop Philip off, before continuing on to the high school. Sebastian started to get anxious as they got closer and closer to the school. Danny could see that Sebastian's hands were starting to shake from his white knuckled grip on the steering wheel. Danny placed his hand on top of one of Sebastian's hands and gripped it lightly as a reassurance to Sebastian that he was still here.

What they were surprised about was the fact that Jenna was waiting out at the front of the school for them to show up. When they had parked and started to walk up to the front of the school, Jenna spotted them and started to walk towards them. Sebastian wrapped a tentative arm around Danny's shoulders, making Jenna slow her pace as she approached.

"Are you feeling a bit better now?" Jenna asked as she flipped her hair back over her shoulders, she seemed a bit more hesitant than usual. Probably because of Sebastian's huge mood swings recently, they had been pretty scary at the time.

"Just a bit," Sebastian murmured as he glanced out of the corner of his eye at Danny. Jenna glanced between Danny and Sebastian before her eyes widened in realization. Jenna chuckled at Danny's confused expression as she joined them the rest of the way up to the school.