13. Friendship Continues....

Manik freshened himself and started to work as he postponed the meetings, so he has to schedule the meetings... After working like an hour, he finished his work....

At the same time, Nandini came there to call him for the lunch... Nandini entered inside after knocking the door.... She noticed Manik was working in his laptop... She cleared her throat to gain his attention and it worked.... He raised his chin and Nandini said,"sir, lunch is ready...". Manik narrowed his eyes at her and she asked,"why are you looking at me???".

Manik asked,"who is the sir here???". Nandini said innocently,"you...". Manik glared at her and said,"really, i thought you are my friend....". She smiled and said,"yes, you are my friend na...".

Manik asked,"then why are you calling me sir.... Just call me Manik...". Nandini was nervous and said,"how... Can... I...???, you.. are my boss hai na...".

Manik smiled at her nervousness and said,"you have to my friend....". Nandini fidgeted her hands and sensing her discomfort Manik said,"its okay...if you are uncomfortable Leave it Nandini.... You go i will come...".

Saying that, he started to close his laptop, Nandini turned to go, but she looked at him and said smilingly,"hmm... Manik... Come fast..".

Hearing Manik from her made him turned to look at Nandini...., who was smiling at him.... He too gave a big smile to her.... Then she went from there, leaving behind a very happy Manik.....

Soon Manik came down for the lunch, Priya, Ragini were already waiting for him in the dining... He walked hurriedly and said a small sorry to the both and sat on his chair...

Priya smiled and daadi glared at  him..., and asked,"you are late....".. Manik gave a bright smile to her and said,"sorry na daadi, just a small work...".

Priya said,"leave it na ma... Its not that late..". Ragini smiled and Manik took a deep breath and mouthed a small thank you to Priya..., who smiled at him for return....

Then Nandini came with the various dishes..... She was arranging the table... Manik asked,"why are you doing this???, shankar kaka will do this for 1 week... You have to take care of aunty na...".

Nandini smiled and said,"i am doing that only na.... Mumma loves my handmade food...". Ragini said,"sirf priya nhi... Me too loving your food... And Manik  bhi.. Hai na Manik...."..

Manik nodded his head happily and said,"yes, i love your food... Daadi you know it is same like mom's food...". Daadi knew how Manik craved for his mother's warmth... His mother used to send his lunch to the office Everyday... but one Incident change everything.. It was very painful to saw him devasted.. And now... She is really happy..., to see him like an old Manik.. All thanks to Nandini....

Nandini smiled at Manik's explanation.... Then she started to serve the lunch.... When Manik saw the Rajma Chawal...., his eyes shined like a star....

He said excitiedly,"wow, rajma chawal..". All noticed a kid Manik... Daadi said,"its Manik's favorite..... His mom always made this for him....". Priya kept her hands on daadi's shoulders...

Manik smiled like a kid..., Nandini noticed his happy face, a smile formed on her face too... Then she first served Rajma biriyani to them... Then fried potatoes and rajma chawal..... After that she kept the chicken on their plate....

Lunch:

Rajma Biriyani