Chapter Three

Chase's POV
"We've put in a ramp, by the front for you, Mr Owens and-" the lady continues talking about shit, as I just daze off. She can't really tell if I'm listening or not, because I'm blind and can't look at her.

Brody Who was behind me, was pushing me along. I was guessing we were outside because I felt a breeze. "Chase?" Brody says.

"What?" I ask.

"She asked you what electives you'd like to do?" Brody whispers into my ear.

I smile, sweetly, upwards. "Just ones where I don't have to stand, run, or hold any heavy machinery."

I hear Brody snort and the lady humph. "I shall put you down for Japanese and Italian," she says. "Now to lunch."

Brody starts pushing me again until I hear a door shut and people talking.

"Who's that?"

"Oh my god it's Chase Owens."

"God he's gotten fat."

Brody stops pushing me. "When you come to the canteen, just tell the ladies behind the counter you are Chase Owens, and they will have a plate ready for you," the lady says. See I keep calling her lady, cause I can't remember the name she said, when she introduced herself. "We contacted your mother and she said you were allergic to tumeric, which we took into consideration for you."

"Thanks," I mutter.

"I'll leave you guys to it," she says, softly. "If you have anymore questions, just come to my office."

I hear her heels clicking away and then Brody bursting out in laughter. "Holy shit, you made her feel awkward," he says, in between laughs.

I shrug. "Not my problem."

"Lets go over to Luke and Kyle," Brody says, but pushing me anyway.

"Yo it's wheelchair," Luke says, jokingly.

I smile. "Hey Dweeb."

"I saw you with Michelle," Kyle says. "Fuck she's hot."

"Who is she here?" I ask.

"Guidance Counsellor," Luke answers. "You happy to be back at school."

"Not really," I Answer. "I can't do anything I want anymore."

"Baby!" I hear someone squeal. Then some smooching, which makes me frown. "Who's this?" The girl who squealed asks.

"This is our friend Chase," Kyle says. "Chase this is Tiana."

"Nice to meet you," I say, politely.

"Hmm," she hums. "Anyway am I coming over tonight, Kyle?"

"Of course," Kyle says.

I hear another smooch and and then it's quiet.  "I need to piss," Luke says.

"Me too," Brody says. "Will you be alright for a minute Chase?"

"Yeah I have Kyle," I say.

"No he just left," Brody States.

"Oh, yeah I'll be fine," I murmur.

Brody pats my head, before I'm guessing he and Luke leave.

I put my ear phones in and start finishing the rest of Looking for Alaska when I get shoved into.

I yank my earphones out and glare into space. "What the fuck is your problem?" I growl.

"I'm so sorry," I hear a beautiful voice say. "I-I didn't see you there."

"Is that some sought of joke?" I ask, dryly.

She gasps. "Fuck, no, I'd never joke about you being blind, o-or paralysed," she says.

I hum. "Who are you?"

"Uh I'm Montana," she answers. "Montana Lewis."

"I'm guessing you already know my name," I say.

"Everyone's been talking about you," she admits. "Your are more popular then me and it's your first day."

I chuckle. "Trust me, I don't want to be popular."

She giggles and my heart soars. What a pretty laugh. "You might not want to hang out with your friends then," she states. "Since they are the men of this school."

"They didn't used to be," I mutter. "We used to be just four regular guys," I grumble. "Things change though."

"I'm sorry to hear what happened," Montana says. "It must of been hard to lose your brother."

I nod. "Yeah it was."

"I better go," she mumbles. "My friend is waiting for me, and he's very impatient."

"He?"

"He's gay," Montana says. "Anyway I'll talk to you later Chase."

I smile, as I put my ear phones back into my ears. I wonder if she's as pretty as her voice.

*
Kyle, Brody and Luke came over after school and played my Xbox again.

Obviously I wouldn't, because I can't see the tv. I mean I have tried, it's just I get slaughtered every time. So while they played Fortnite, I imagined what Montana Lewis would look like.

Maybe blonde, or light brown hair, blue eyes, killer body and the most plump, kissable lips....

"Chase!"

I jump and I hear the boys laugh. "What?"

"What you thinkin' about?" Luke asks.

"Just this girl I met today," I mutter.

"Name?" Kyle asks.

"Montana."

It's quiet and I frown. "Montana Lewis. The Emo!?" Luke bursts out.

"Yeah," I nod. "She sounds beautiful."

"Somebody has a crush," Kyle sings.

I shrug. "I don't really know her, or know what she looks like."

"Nice body," Luke comments. "Her hair is light brown, she has green eyes, lips a little thin, but as I said, nice body."

I hum. "I pictured her with blue eyes."

"You should get her number," Brody suggests.

"I mean, it's not like I can spot her and walk up to her and ask for her number," I mutter. "She has to talk to me first."

"Fair point," Kyle says. "So let's make sure you run into each other."

"How?" I ask.

"Your doing Japanese right?" Luke asks.

I nod. "Sadly."

I could sense that Luke was smirking. "Montana does that class too."

I smile. "So Brody Just has to make sure I sit next to her."

Brody groans. "Really?"

"Brody," Luke growls. "You have to be the wing man and make sure our little Chase gets laid."

I huff. "I'm not little."

"Well in the wheelchair you are," Luke says.

I roll my eyes. "Fuck you."

"How can you do that?" Kyle asks, suddenly.

"Do what?" I ask, frowning.

"Roll your eyes?"

I can still use my eyes in other ways, dumbass," I chuckle. "I just can't see out of them."

Oh Kyle, how did you make it to senior year.