Chapter Eleven

Chase's POV
"Hello Chase," Byron greets me, walking into the gym. I know cause I heard the door open and shut.

"Hey," I mutter.

"You want to use the beams today?" Byron asks.

I shrug. "Your the therapist, you tell me."

He chuckles. "We are using the beams today."

He pushes me over to them and grabs my hand, placing them onto the poles. I grip them and grunt, while pulling myself up. "Fuck that's bad," I say.

"You got the worst bit done," Byron says. "Now just take your time for the next."

I grit my teeth and move one hand across the pole, pulling myself to what I hope is the edge. "Wheelchair," I groan. I hear the wheels squeak and then he pats my shoulder. I fall down panting.

"Good job," he says. "You got halfway."

"That was only halfway," I whine. "You gotta be kidding me."

Byron hands me my water bottle and I chug it. "When are we gonna talk about the elephant in the room?" Byron asks.

"You mean you fucking my mom?" I ask.

Byron sighs. "Yes that."

"I don't care," I say. "You make her happy and that's what matters."

"Your a good kid," Byron says. "I was sought of scared on what you were gonna think of it," he admits.

"Why?" I chuckle.

"Because your mother adores you," Byron says. "And if you didn't like our relationship, then there is no point in us being together. You'd hate me, then you'd start hating your mum for dating me, it wouldn't of worked out."

"Well I've known you for two years," I say. "And I can definitely vouch that you are better than my dad."

Byron chuckles. "Okay let's go again."

*
"Montana!" Mum squeals, as we walk inside my house after school on Wednesday. "Are you here to teach Chase again?"

"Just hanging out," Montana says.

"Oh," Mum says. "Chase you know Molly is coming at 4 right?"

"Yes," I say, rolling my eyes. "Molly wants to meet Montana."

"Who's Molly?" Montana asks, with a hint of worry.

"My therapist," I Answer.

"She's very nice," Mum says. "And makes the best apple pie."

I nod in agreement. "That's true."

The doorbell rings and I presume mum answers it. I then hear heels in the hallway and come into the living room where Montana and I are at.

"Good afternoon Chase," Molly says. "And you must be Montana."

"Nice to meet you Molly," Montana says, in a soft tone.

"Likewise," she says. "Shall we get started?" I nod and then Molly go through her handbag. "Is Montana staying for today's session?"

I nod. "If She wants."

"I don't mind," Montana whispers.

"Alright," Molly says. "How Have you been Since I last seen you Chase?"

"Good," I Answer. "I talk to Byron. We are cool."

"Ah Yes," Molly says. "About him dating your mum, correct?"

"Yes," I say. "He admitted that he was scared on what I would've thought of their relationship."

"And what do you think of it?" Molly asks.

"As long as mums happy I don't give a shit," I say. Knowing mum was listening I turn to the door. "Sorry for my language mum."

"All good," she yells back.

I hear Montana giggle. "Cute," I hear her whisper to herself.

"Anything else?" Molly asks.

I shrug. "Well as you know Brody came out, Luke still isn't talking to us, but he will come around and Uh yeah that's it."

"And how have the sleeping pills been going?" Molly asks.

"Really good," I Answer. "I'm not having the nightmares as much anymore, like two a week."

"That's progress," Molly says. "As usual, what's the nightmare about."

"Obviously it's two years ago and I'm necking on with this blonde," I say. "Tana," I state for Montana's benefit. "Nick walks over angrily and tells me we are leaving. I was a bit worried about him driving but he said he was fine and only had four. So like a dumbass I got in the car," I take a deep breath. "When we got to the highway, he started going really fast. I told him to slow down, but he didn't." I release a shaky breath. "And then when we got to the corner we flipped and crashed. Glass gouged my eyes and back, so now I'm blind and paralysed."

"Have you spoke to Nick's ex-girlfriend  about Why he might of been mad?" Molly asks.

I hear Montana gasps. "No," I say. "I don't know how to get in contact with her. She's blocked mum and dad's number."

Molly hums. "You said last week that she dates Montana's brother?"

I nod. "She does."

"Maybe you should go over there," Molly suggests. "Or if it's not wheelchair friendly, maybe Montana could suggest a double date?"

"Yeah probably the double date thing," Montana says. "My house is two story and you have to go up stairs to get to the front door."

"So double date it is," Molly says. "And maybe finding out why he was angry, will maybe help you get rid of the nightmares. You know how we talked about it last week."

I nod. "It's a possibility."

"Well we have 20 minutes left," Molly says. "Anything else on your mind?"

I shake my head. "I think we are done."

"Good," Molly says. "I will see you next Tuesday?"

I nod. "As always."

I hear footsteps and frown. They were very unfamiliar. "Chase," I hear a deep voice.

I stiffen.

Holy shit.

"Dad?"