Chapter Four

Montana's POV
I hate Japanese.

The teacher is really obnoxious and it's the only class where I don't have Tyler. He picked stupid Graphic Design.

So it wasn't a surprise to anyone that I turned up ten minutes late.

My eyes widen in surprise when I see Chase. Our first meeting yesterday, didn't really go as planned. I fell into him, then he thought I made a joke about him being blind. It was totally great.

He was sitting where I usually worked, so instead of being a pussy, like usual, I sit next to him. "Hey," I greet him.

He jumps and then smiles at me. "Montana."

"I'm surprised to find you here," I say. "Japanese huh?"

He shrugs. "I can't do anything else, so I thought I might try it out."

"Montana," Ms Reynolds says, just as I was getting somewhere with Chase. "I see you decided to reward us with your presence."

I smile at her sweetly. "Only for you Miss Reynolds."

Chase chuckles beside me and Miss Reynolds glares at me. "How about you put your brain to good use and help Chase catch up."

I salute her. "On it."

She rolls her eyes and sits back at her desk, probably shopping online. She addicted to it. "She sounds like a bitch," Chase whispers.

I nod and then realise he can't see me nod. "She acts like one, so people don't get close," I whisper back. "She just went through a horrible divorce."

He smiles. "Do you know shit about everyone in this town?"

I chuckle. "My friend, Tyler is a gossip, so pretty much."

"That's the gay one right?"

I nod. God I gotta stop doing that. "Yeah the gay one."

"I'm trying to remember if I know him or not," chase says. "It's hard to remember faces," he jokes.

I giggle. "You make jokes."

He raises an eyebrow. "I think everybody makes jokes."

"No I meant about you being blind," I say.

He shrugs. "No point crying about it, when I have to live the rest of my life like it."

I nod. "Fair point."

"You don't make jokes about yourself?" He asks.

"I do," I argue. "It's just hard to when people-"

"Feel like they are walking on glass around you," We both say at the same time. We laugh and Miss Reynolds glares at us again.

"What seems to be funny Chase?" Miss Reynolds asks.

"Nothing Miss," Chase mutters.

"I suggest in stead of disturbing my students, you catch up on what you've missed," Miss Reynolds growls.

"Yes Miss Reynolds," Chase says.

Once Miss Reynolds gets back to her shopping, I turn back to Chase. "I can help you catch up," I suggest.

"Really?" He asks. "You don't have to."

"It's okay," I say. "I'd really like to spend more time with you."

Chase smiles. "Maybe you could come to my house after school?"

I nod. "I like that idea."

I'm going to Chase's house!

*
So after getting a 15 minute rant from Tyler about sex, Brody drives Chase and I to Chase's house.

Now that I have a big crush on Chase, Brody doesn't seem that attractive to me anymore.

"We are here," Brody says, for Chase's benefit. We get out of the car and Brody helps chase into his wheelchair. I follow the two inside the home and am greeted by, who I can only assume is Chase's mother.

My assumption was correct as she hugs Chase and kisses his forehead. "How was your day?" She asks, Chase.

"Good," he answers. "Mum this is Montana."

She looks up at me and her smile somehow brightens. "Hello," she says, coming over to me and hugging me. I grunt at the impact.

"Hi," I say, patting her back.

She pulls away and grabs my hands. "Chase has never brought a girl home before."

Chase groans, his face going crimson red. "Mum!"

"Sorry," she says. "I mean he has brought a girl home, just not to meet me, if you know what I mean," she says, muttering the last part.

Chase groans, embarrassed and I laugh. "I'm here to help Chase catch up in Japanese," I say.

"Your very beautiful," she says, running her hands, through my hair. "Is this your natural colour?" I nod. "Wow," she says in awe.

"Mum, Montana And I Are going into the lounge room," chase growls.

Chase's Mum nods. "I'll bring in some snacks for you two."

I follow Chase, who effortlessly wheels into the lounge room. "Impressive," I comment, as I plop down onto the couch.

"I've been doing it for two years," he says. "At the start, I always crashed into that wall," he says, pointing to the wall, where the front door is. "It sucked."

Chase's Mum walks into the room and places down a tray of biscuits and two cups of creaming soda. "I'm Emily by the way," She says.

"I've always liked the name, Emily," I comment.

She smiles at me and then walks over to the cabinet and gets out a deck of cards. "These are for Chase," she says. "You said you were teaching him Japanese right?" I nod. "These cards are the alphabet from a-z, so you just put the word out onto the table, he feels them out to learn."

"Cool, thanks Emily," I say.

She leaves the room and Chase and I get to work.

Every now and again, we'd joke around, or have a get-to-know each other chats.

He told me how he met Brody, Kyle and Luke. I told him how I met Tyler.

"Do you have any siblings?" Chase asks, feeling out the word I laid out.

"I have an older brother," I answer. "His name is James."

I see Chase's face pale. "James?"

"Um Yeah," I say. "James Hilton."

"W-why do you guys have seperate last names?" He asks.

"Different dad's," I Answer. "You Okay? You look kinda pale."

"It's just your brother was friends with mine," Chase says. "Brought up memories."

"Do you know James and Sophia are dating now?" I ask, softly.

He nods. "Kyle told me."

I thin my lips out. "Does it make you mad?"

He shakes his head. "She had to get over him sometime."

I nod. "You didn't tell me what the word was."

He smiles. "That's cause I don't know the answer."