Chapter Six

Montana's POV
"Montana!" Emily squeals, hugging me, as I enter her house. "It's so good to see you again."

"You too," I say.

"Are you here helping chase with his Japanese again?" She asks. "Or something else?"

I blush. "I'm here to help him with his assignment."

Emily scowls. "What assignment."

Chase sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "I wasn't really listening. It's due in two days."

"Jesus," Emily mutters. "Well you two go into the lounge room and I will bring you some study food."

I follow Chase into his living room and I sit down on his couch. I grab the cards on the table and lay out a word. "Feel." Is all I say to him.

He feels and frowns. "Konnichiwa?"

"Kon'nichiwa," I correct him. "It means hello."

"Right," he says. "Another?"

I lay out a sentence and grab his hand, placing it on the first letter. "This is a sentence."

I watch as he concentrates, saying the words out loud and his eyebrows creasing. It was really cute. "Kon'nichiwa watashinonameaha cheisudesu. Watashi wa 18-sai de, koshi kara shita ga mahi shite imasu," Chase says.

"Perfect pronunciation," I comment.

"I don't know what it means," Chase chuckles. Emily walks in and places the drinks and food on the coffee table before walking back into the kitchen.

"Hello, my name is Chase. I'm 18 years old and I'm paralyzed from the waist down," I recite the Japanese in English.

"Your good at speaking Japanese," he says.

"I've done it every year in high school," I say. "Do you want me to tell you my assignment?"

He nods. "I'd love that."

"Kon'nichiwa watashinonamaeha Montanaadesu. Watashi wa 17-sai de, shin'yū wa tairā de, haha no Teresa, ani no jēmuzu, gifu no jefurī to sunde imasu. Toshi o totta toki, watashi wa hijō ni bōken sukinahitonanode, sekaijū o tabi shitai to omoimasu," I say, in fluent Japanese.

"Holy shit," he says. "That's good. What did you say?"

I smile. "Hello my name is Montana. I am 17 years old, my best friend is Tyler, and live with my mother Teresa, my brother James, and my step-Dad, Jeffrey. I am very adventurous, when I get older I would like to travel all around the world."

"I'm so screwed," Chase groans.

"You'll Be Fine," I say. "We will work harder."

*
2 hours later..

"Watashi no nō wa age rareta," I groan. (My brain is fried)

"Atama has bakuhatsu suru ki ga suru," Chase moans. (I feel like my head will explode)

My eyes widen and I stare at Chase. "Did you just speak in Japanese?"

His eyes widen too. "I did."

"You did!" I squeal, getting up and hugging him. "We did it."

"Yeah," he murmurs into my hair. "We did it."

I pull away and blush when I find myself in his lap. He was looking up at me and I smile at him sadly, knowing he couldn't see me.

How would it feel to not be able to see again? To not see the beautiful sky? To not see the person you fell in love with. "I wanna kiss you," I blurt out.

Chase smiles. "So why don't you?"

I lean down and softly placed my lips onto his. He grabs the back of my head and my head starts to get dizzy as his tongue laps mine.

Someone clears their throat and I jump off Chase in a daze. I look up and see The Three.

This is just great.

"Hey Emo," Luke says. "Good to see you."

I hum and cross my arms uncomfortably. "What the fuck are you three doing here?" Chase asks.

"Thought you might want to hang out," Kyle says. "Also Brody is being a dick cause he's hangover."

"I told you that Montana was coming over," Chase grumbles.

"You said to study," Luke says. "I didn't realise we would walk in on you two playing tonsil hockey."

I blush and look away. "Thanks for that description," Chase mutters, dryly.

"I better go," I mumble, grabbing my bag. "I'll see you in Japanese, Chase." I went to kiss his cheek but stopped myself.

I give a polite smile to Brody as I walked past them and then left Chase's house.

*
"You kissed him!" Tyler squeals as we sit on his bed that night.

"Yeah," I say, blushing. "It was amazing Tyler. I really like him."

"You two would make such a great couple," Tyler says.

"You think?"

"If he doesn't ask you out, he's an idiot," Tyler says.

"Talking about asking out," I say. "Who were you talking about last night, Ty?" I ask, softly.

"Just some guy I hooked up with over the summer," he answers. "No biggie."

"It is a biggie," I say. "You were drunk and crying."

He sighs. "He's popular and doesn't want to come out to his friends."

I think for a moment. Popular? So the three. It couldn't be Luke. He's way too homophobic to be gay. Can't be Kyle, unless he has sex with all those girls because he's trying hard to hide it. That only leaves Brody.

It clicks in my brain.

"It was good," Chase answers. "I had an unexpected drunk visitor."

"Who?" I ask, intrigued.

"Brody," Chase says. "He's dealing with some things."

"It's Brody," I gasp.

Tyler's eyes widen. "What? Why do you think that?"

"Because Brody turned up to Chase's house drunk last night too," I say. "Did you two talk or something?"

Tyler sighs and clutches his hair. "I told him I want to be in a serious relationship and he said he couldn't," Tyler mutters, sadly. "I don't really want to talk about it."

I pat his back. "Of course."

"Anyway back to you and Chase," Tyler says. "Is he a good kisser?"

I nod. "Really good."

"You think he's had sex?"

I nod. "I think so."

"Well He is friends with The Three," Tyler points out.

"I just can't wait till Thursday," I say. "When I see him again."

"Montana just needs somebody to love!" Tyler screams singing.