Chapter Sixteen

Montana's POV
I watch Sophia, as she nervously bounces her knee and bites her lip. My brother James sat beside her, staring into space.

I was nervous for Chase. He hasn't spoken to these two in two years. What's he gonna say? Ask?

We hear the door bell chime and turn around seeing Emily push Chase over to us. "Sophia," Emily says in a blank tone.

"Hello Emily," Sophia says softly. "Hey Chase."

"Hi," he mutters.

Emily walks to the front of chase and kisses his forehead. "Love you," I hear her whisper.

"Love you too," he murmurs. She walks away, but not before glaring at Sophia and James in warning.

Tip: Do not get on Emily's bad side

"How have you been?" Sophia asks.

"Fine," he says. I grab his hand in mine and he jumps surprised.

"I hear your back at school," Sophia says. "Is that going well?"

"Yeah," he answers, smiling. "Montana and Brody have been helping me a lot."

James scowls at that and I glare at him. "What are your intentions with Montana?" James asks.

"Excuse me?" Chase asks, laughing.

"You heard me," James says, crossing his arms.

"I don't think you have the right to ask that question," Chase says.

"And why's that?" James asks.

"Because I swear that Sophia wasn't the only one in a relationship two years ago," Chase snaps.

James grits his teeth and doesn't say anything back. "I'm so sorry Chase," Sophia says. "I didn't know he would do that."

Chase shrugs. "None of us did."

I see tears fall from Sophia's eyes. "I feel so bad, Chase," she whispers. "He's dead and your in a wheelchair and-" she sobs into her hands and I see the pained expression on Chase's face.

"It's not your fault," Chase says. "He decided to drive, I decided to get in the car with him. Sophia it's not your fault."

She bursts into tears and I look over at James and see him looking at Chase in appreciation. "Your amazing," I whisper to him.

"Can we order?" He asks me. "I'm starving."

"Of course," I say.

I read Chase the menu, due to the fact they didn't have Braille and then James and I went up to the counter to order. "Be careful," he says.

I frown at him. "What?"

He rolls his eyes. "With Chase. Be careful with Chase."

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "He won't hurt me James."

"I meant you," he growls. "Don't hurt him."

He smiles at the lady and places his order. I look back at Chase and see him laughing with Sophia.

Would I hurt Chase?

*
When we enter Chase's house, Emily was by Chase's side immediately. "Are you Okay?" She asks, kissing his forehead.

He nods. "I'm good."

"Did you forgive her?" Chase nods. "Oh."

"Mum It wasn't her fault," Chase says. "Yeah she was a bitch for cheating, but it wasn't her who decided to drive drunk."

Emily takes a deep breath. "I have to get some air."

She storms past the two of us and Chase flinches when the door slams shut. "Will she be alright?" I ask. I push Chase into the living room and sit down on the couch.

"She just needs to let out some steam," Chase answers. "She will be fine."

"How does she let out steam?"

"Smoking," he answers.

I turn on the TV and switch through the channels sticking with Seinfeld. "So are you and Sophia back on speaking terms now?" I ask.

He nods. "She gave me her number."

"And what about James?"

He shakes his head. "I never really got along with him anyway."

"Why's that?"

He bites his bottom lip. "I made very bad comments about fucking his sister."

My eyes widen. "What?"

"I've never seen you," Chase says. "But James told us, he had a sister and I would rile him up, saying stuff like, I got so laid by your sister last night."

I blush. "Oh."

"I was a real dick before the accident," Chase says. "I was Kyle and Luke combined."

"Jesus," I mutter.

"You never knew about me?" Chase asks.

I shrug. "I heard of you. Just never seen you."

"It's so weird," he says. "We were so close to one another, but we've never seen each other."

"I think it's a good thing," I state.

"Why?" He frowns.

"Because if you were Kyle and Luke combined, I would've punched you in the face," I say.

He chuckles. "Duly noted."

The door opens and I look up, smiling when I see The Three. "Hi," I say.

"Hey E-Montana," Luke greets me.

"What are doing here?" Chase asks. "Your not drunk again are you?"

Luke laughs. "Nah I'm-" he cuts himself off. "Well I mean I've had a couple."

Kyle chuckles. "And had sex with Penelope."

Chase's eyes widen. "No!"

"Who's Penelope?" I ask, interested.

Brody growls. "My sister."