Chapter Five

"So?" Mum questions, when she shuts the door, after Montana left. "Montana's lovely."

I nod. "Yep."

"Will she be coming over often?" Mum asks, pushing me into the dining room, at my seat on the table. "I've already cut your pork and veggies."

She hands me the fork and I dig in. "This is good," I comment, my mouth full of pork.

I could sense my mums scowl. "Don't talk with your mouth full," she growls. "And you didn't answer my question."

I swallow the food in my mouth. "I don't know."

"Do you like her?" Mum asks.

"Yeah she's nice," I Answer.

"You know what I mean Chase Benjamin Owens," she growls.

I sigh. "I guess."

Mum squeals and I flinch. "You two would make such an adorable couple!"

I scowl. "She probably doesn't even like me," I mutter.

"She does," Mum says. "If you could see the way she looks at you, you'd know."

I smile. I really hope that's right.

*
It was Saturday night and as usual, I was listening to my favourite book of all time. Eleanor and Park.

Mum was out doing something. She wouldn't tell me, which was a bit suspicious. I think she's on a date. I wonder with who?

I jump when I hear a loud band outside. Well I think outside. I wheel to the front door and reach for the knob. When I open it, I grunt when something falls on me. I push it off and it groans. "Fuck Chase," I hear Brody say.

"Brody What the fuck are you doing here?" I growl.

He whimpers. "I can't tell you."

I sigh and search for his hand, grabbing it and pulling him into the lounge with a lot of struggle, since I was wheeling backwards and Brody was fucking heavy. "Get on the couch," I order him.

I hear him shift and then my couch creak. "Chase I don't feel good," Brody murmurs.

I nod and wheel into the kitchen, feeling all the cupboards. When I get to the cleaning supply one, I fumble for a bucket and quickly get back to Brody. I hand him the bucket and I hear him puke. I gag myself but hold it in.

"Brody why are you here?" I ask softly, stroking his back in comfort as he empties his stomach.

"I miss him," Brody sobs.

"Miss who?"

"I can't tell you," he whispers. "You'll tell Luke and Kyle."

"I promise I won't," I say.

He sobs. "I miss Tyler."

Tyler. Where have I heard that? "Who's that?"

"Montana's friend," Brody mutters.

My eyes widen. "Oh."

"Chase-"

"I don't care if your gay Brody," I say, still rubbing his back. "Your still the same Brody."

Brody hugs me and I flinch surprised. "Thank you," He whispers. He pulls away and minutes later I hear his snores.

What a great night.

*
I smile when I feel Montana sit next to me in Japanese. She was ten minutes late like usual, but she was here.

As usual she smelt of lavender and... Uh I can't pick that one. But it was the most amazing smell ever.

"Hello Chase," she says. "Shūmatsu wa dōdatta?" (How was your weekend?)

I look in my Japanese book, looking at what the words meant. "It was good," I Answer. "I had an unexpected drunk visitor."

"Who?" She asks, excitingly.

"Brody," I say. "He's dealing with some things."

"Oh my god!" Montana nearly yells. I hear Miss Reynolds growl. "Oops," Montana whispers. I laugh. "Anyway I had the same thing happen to me. Tyler came to my house drunk. Luckily my parents were asleep. He kept saying I had to. He wasn't the one for me," Montana says in a deep voice. "I was like Who's he and he passed out."

"Hmm," I say, trying so hard not to tell her that Tyler was speaking about Brody.

"Maybe it's Randy," she says. "He's bisexual."

"Who's Randy?"

"A really big guy," Montana says. "Very scary looking."

"I can't see remember," I chuckle.

"Oh, um, he Uh used to be with Penelope."

I snap my fingers. "The red head?" Also Brody's sister

"Yeah!" Montana says.

"Why did they break up?" I ask.

"She found him on his knees sucking off some guy from White Groves High," Montana giggles.

"Jesus Christ," I mutter. "That's bad."

"So How are you going with your assignment?" Montana asks.

"Assignment?" I question.

"You have to tell the class about yourself in Japanese," Montana answers.

"Well fuck," I mutter. "Maybe you can help me?"

"Definitely," Montana says. "Shall I come over after school."

I chuckle. "Are you British?"

"What?"

"Shall I come over after school," I mimic her in a British accent. She punches my shoulder and I flinch, rubbing it. "Warn a guy next time," I joke.

"Shit sorry," she says, worriedly.

I chuckle. "I'm shitting with you."

"Oh," she says. "Now I feel stupid."

"It's good," I say. "I love teasing people."

Montana giggles. "Right."