Chapter Twenty

Chase's POV
I groan as my alarm clock blares through my room. I grab my phone and turn it off, shifting onto my back.

"That's been on for five minutes."

I scream and fall off my bed, grunting at the impact. Montana bursts out laughing and stops when the door opens.

"Chase are you okay?" I hear my mum asks, pulling me up, back onto the bed.

"Fine," I groan.

"Jesus, Montana be careful," Mum growls.

"Mum it's not her fault," I say. "And I'm fine."

"He can't see," Mum growls. "He doesn't know your there and you just spring out on him and-"

"Mum!" I snap. "Shut the fuck up!"

They both gasp. "Watch your language," Mum growls.

"It wasn't her fault," I growl back. "She didn't know."

"What? That your blind?"

"No, that I didn't know she was there," I say. "You've never had a problem when I fell off the couch, with Luke, or Kyle pushed me off my wheelchair. Why are you getting like this with Montana?"

My mum was quiet and then I heard my bedroom door slam. I groan and run my hands down my face. I flinch when I feel Montana get into my lap. "You Okay?" She asks.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

She chuckles and kisses my cheek. "I'm fine."

"I'm not stupid," I say. "I know when girls say they're fine, they aren't."

She sighs. "Let me rephrase then, I'll be fine."

"I don't know what's up with her," I say, running my hands up and down her sides. "She's never like this."

"Maybe she doesn't like the fact there's another woman in your life," Montana states.

"I've had heaps of woman in my life," I say. "She never had problems with them."

"Maybe cause they weren't serious, like we are," Montana suggests. "Your her only child left, Chase. And I think, she's thinking that once you love someone else, you won't love her as much anymore."

"That's just stupid," I say. "I'll always love her."

"Maybe you need to tell her that," Montana says.

I sigh. "Yeah I guess." I pull her close and smile. "But not now."

"Why not?" Montana asks.

"Because I have something else in mind," I smirk. I run my right hands up her back to the back of her head and bring her head down, placing her lips on mine. She smiles into the kiss and then moans softly when I lap my tongue on her upper lip.

Our tongues dance together in a slow melody and I don't think she realises but she slowly starts rocking her hips against my groin. I get up on my elbows and pull myself up into a sitting position.

I grip her hair and pull her in closer, the kiss turning from slow to hard and passionate. This is the furthest we've ever gone and I'm loving every second of it.

Montana pulls away panting. "Wait."

I frown. "What?"

"I need to catch my breath," she giggles.

I hum and lean up kissing and sucking at her neck. I feel her grip my shoulders and her beautiful moan fill my ears.

She kisses me again, her hand trailing up my shirt and pressing against my stomach. Her hand was warm and felt nice, as it drew circles along my non existent 6-pack, while her tongue was in my mouth.

What was I suppose to do today?

*
"You two are late!" Miss Reynolds growls, as Montana and I enter class half an hour late.

"Nothing new then?" Montana questions cheekily.

"Sit down," Miss Reynolds snaps.

"I already am," I retort.

Montana pushes me to the desk and then I hear her sit beside me. "I can't believe you made us twenty minutes late," Montana says.

"I forgot we had school today," I chuckle. "Kissing you, fries my brain."

She giggles. "Okay."

"Are you coming over Saturday night?" I ask. "For your birthday?"

"Sure," she says. "That's if your mum will have me."

"I'll talk to her," I say.

"Like you talked to her about the whole Sophia situation?" Montana asks.

I sheepishly rubs the back of my neck. "Maybe."

"No Chase," Montana whispers. "You need to speak to her one-on-one."

I groan. "That's so complicated."

I feel Montana's hand on my shoulder. "Please, for me?"

"Ugh Fine," I mutter. "Your lucky I like you so much."

She chuckles. "I am so lucky."

*
Brody pushes me inside my house and stops when we hear yelling.

"You need to realise he's not a child anymore," Byron growls. "He's 18 And needs to be able to fend for himself."

"He doesn't need to fend for himself," Mum snaps. "He has me!"

"He's not always gonna have you!" Byron spat. "He's gonna wanna go to college, move out, get married and have children of his own."

"Don't say that," Mum cries. "That's never gonna happen."

"Take me in there," I order Brody. He pushes me and their shouting stops.

"Hey honey," Mum says. "How was school?" She asks, kissing my forehead.

"Mum I'm moving out."

"What?"

I take a deep breath. "I'm gonna move in with Luke."

"B-but-"

"You've become toxic towards me mum," I say. "You rely on being there for me 24/7 and you don't want me to have another women in my life," I explain. "I do though. And her names Montana."

"Your not serious," she laughs. "Sweetie don't joke."

"I talked to Luke at lunch," I state. "He's moved out of his parents into a two bedroom. No stairs, so it's wheelchair safe."

"Baby no," my mum sobs. "You can't leave."

"I have to," I say. "Not for me, but for you."

"Your my baby," she cries. "Your all I have left."

"I'm still gonna come around, mum," I say. "I'm just not gonna live here."

"I hate her," mum growls. "If she didn't come into your life, you wouldn't of wanted to move out."

"It's not her fault Mum," I say. "If It wasn't her, it was gonna be another girl."

"That still doesn't make me dislike her any less," Mum growls.

"I'm gonna stay at Brody's tonight," I say. I feel Brody moving me away. "I love you."

"I love you too," she sobs.

Then Brody pushed me away, and I didn't look back.

I couldn't look back cause I'm blind.