Chapter Nine

Chase's POV
Montana has great taste in restaurants. The burger was really nice. After I paid for dinner, we head down to Cold Rock and get ice cream. As we sit there quietly eating ice cream, I hear the people behind us talking.

"Why is Chase Owens hanging with Emo?"

"Isn't he popular?"

"Apparently."

"Let's leave," I growl.

"What's wrong?"

I get out my phone press the home button.

"What can I help you with?" Siri asks.

"Call Brody," I order. Seconds later I hear ringing.

"What's up?" I hear his voice.

"Come pick us up from Cold Rock," I say.

"On it," he says in a worried tone. I hang up and angrily put my phone into my pocket.

"Did I do something wrong?" Montana asks, worriedly.

"It wasn't you," I mumble angrily. "There was people talking shit behind us."

"Oh," she says. "About me or about you?"

"Both."

"He's here," Montana tells me.

I hear a car door slam and then a hand on my shoulder. "Are you Alright?" Brody asks, worriedly.

I nod. "Just people being dicks."

"Let's get you two home."

Brody helps me into his car and then soon enough we were driving away. "How was dinner?" He asks.

"Good," Montana answers. "We had the Toni's steak burger and the waitress was very rude to Chase. She didn't know he was blind."

"Ah," Brody says. "Let me guess, she wouldn't look him in the eye."

"Yes!" Montana answers. "What's with that?"

"They don't want to show pity," I say.

"Well that's bullshit," Montana says. "People act like they haven't seen people in wheelchairs before."

Brody and I chuckle and he stops. "Do I need to get chase into the backseat?" Brody teases.

I blush and Montana giggles. "No," Montana answers. "I'll see you at school chase," she murmurs. I jump surprised when I feel her kiss my cheek.

The car door shuts and Brody chuckles. "Your in love," he whispers.

"Shut the fuck up."

*
"Mum I can hear your thoughts from a mile away," I say, as I eat my breakfast the next morning.

"I would've driven you and Montana on your date," she mumbles. "I'm upset you didn't ask me."

"That's just embarrassing to bring your mum to a date," I say. "That's why I didn't ask."

"Well I wished you told me you were going on a date."

"Oh like you told me you went on one last weekend," I retort. She goes quiet.

"How did you know about that?" She asks.

"Cause I'm not twelve," I say. "And you wore your Rhianna perfume I got you for Christmas. You only wear that on special occasions."

Mum sighs. "Yes I did go in a date."

"Are you and Dad-"

"Yes," Mum answers. "We are split up."