Chapter Twenty Seven

Montana's POV
"Thanks for coming with me," Penelope says, as we drive around the parking lot of the mall. "I don't really have any friends," she admits.

"Me either," I say. "Not any girl ones anyway," I mutter.

She giggles and then I flinch in surprise when she beeps her horn. "Get out of the way asshole," she yells out the window.

The car in front of us screeches away and she smiles happily as a park space is free. She pulls in and I quickly get out of the car.

As we walk to the front of the mall, I notice Molly, Chase's therapist sitting down beside a guy on the side walk. They were whispering together about something.

I follow Penelope inside and she stops at the map of the first floor. "I want to check out forever 21," she says. "But I know most girls my age will have gotten their dresses from there."

"How are you even going to Homecoming?" I ask. "Your a junior."

"I'm going with Rick," she mumbles. She starts walking away and I follow her.

"As in the Rick that Luke punched?" I ask.

"Yep," she answers.

"Oh," I say stunned. "I didn't know you two were serious?"

"We aren't really," she mumbles. "We've been on three dates and well he asked me, so I thought I may as well," she mutters. "Is, um, Luke taking anyone?"

"I don't know," I Answer honestly. "He hasn't told me."

"Okay," she says. "So my mum says I look good in blue, so I'm aiming for that colour. I'm also thinking-"

I zone out and look around freezing when we walk past the cafeteria and I see James kissing-

NOT SOPHIA!

"Hold on," I say, grabbing Penelope's wrist.

"What?" She asks confused. "I'm not gonna find my dress in a food court Montana."

"No my brother's over there," I say, pointing to him. "He's kissing someone who isn't his girlfriend."

"Can you really be surprised," Penelope says. "Once a cheater always a cheater, they say."

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

"How do I tell Sophia?" I ask out loud.

Penelope shrugs. "I think you should tell people something, the way you want to be told," she says. "That's what I did when I told-" she cuts herself off.

"Told Who What?" I ask.

She looks away from me scratching her wrist. "When I told Randy I slept with Luke."

"Oh," I say. "There was a time before-" she nod. "Oooh."

"We were both drunk," she says then chuckles. "I guess all the times we've slept together we were drunk."

I cringe. "Oh."

"Is that bad?" She asks timidly.

"I mean it's different for every girl," I say. "Me personally I waited till I was in love with someone. You feel differently."

She nods. "Well I wanted my first time to be with someone I love," she mumbles. "But I lost it to Luke."

"I bet Brody had a freak when he found out," I chuckle.

"He doesn't know about the first time," Penelope states. "I was 15."

My eyes widen. "15!?"

She nods. "Yeah."

"Holy shit," I whisper.

"Anyway," Penelope mutters. "He walked in on the third time."

My eyes widen again. "He walked in!?"

"Like not in the middle," Penelope says. "We had just finished."

"Poor Brody," I say. "I'd hate to walk in on my brother."

She giggles. "Serves him right, I've walked in on him and Tyler twice."

"If he wasn't your brother, that would be hot," I say.

She groans. "Yuck, Montana."

I laugh.

I like having a friend that's a girl.

*
I walk through the front door and smile at Luke who was playing video games on the couch. Chase sat beside Luke (in his wheelchair) listening to either a book or podcast.

"How much money you spend?" Luke asks.

"About $100," I Answer. I drop my bags and go over to Chase kissing his cheek. He flinches surprised and then glares, yanking his earphones out.

"Luke what sick games are you playing?" He growls.

I giggle and sit in his lap. "For one its me," I say. "And two why does this sound like it's happened before?" I stare over at Luke who is smirking.

"It's a fun game," Luke says.

Chase glares. "For you maybe."

Luke chuckles. "It's hilarious."

"How was your play date with Penelope?" Chase asks. Luke drops the remote control in his hand.

"You and Penelope are friends?" Luke asks.

"It's a recent thing," I state.

"Oh," he says. "I think I'm gonna go to my room."

He turns off his xbox and the tv, before heading down the hall. "He's really upset," I murmur.

Chase nods. "Hopefully over time, he will get over it."

I nod. "I'm glad I have you," I say.

Chase hums. "I've been thinking-"

"About what?" I ask.

"About if I didn't have my accident," Chase states. "How my life would've been so different."

"Good different?" I ask worriedly.

He shakes his head. "I like my life now," he says. "Sure I'm blind and can never walk again, but I have you," He whispers the end. "I'd rather have you, then be able to see or walk again." I snuggle into his shoulder to hide the tears. I feel him shift and clear his throat. "I want to give you this."

I look down and gasp. "Chase-"

"It's not a engagement ring," he cuts me off. "It's a promise ring."

"It's beautiful," I awe. It was a silver thin band ring, with a 10 carat diamond attached. Nothing too big, just simple. Like me.

"Luke picked it out," Chase admits. "You know cause I can't see."

I giggle. "Luke has great taste."

"Do you accept?" He asks. "To love me forever?"

I nod. "Always."

He grabs my left hand and fiddles around for my ring finger. He put the ring onto my finger and smiles. "I love you," he says. I lean down and kiss him.

"I love you too," I say.

"Montana and Chase," he whispers as I lean down for a kiss. "Forever And always."

THE END