Chapter Nineteen: Flashback

3 years ago...
Chase walked down the hall, winking at the girls that were staring his way. He walks up to his brother and his brother's girlfriend, who were snuggling up against Nick's locker.

"You do realise it's lunch time right?" Nick asks, as he pulls away from sucking on Sophia's neck.

"I had a hangover this morning," Chase says. "Sue me."

"Did you go to Tiana's party?" Sophia asks.

Chase nods. "It was lit."

"Did you boys behave?" Sophia asks.

"Yes mum," Chase retorts. Chase scowls as he sees James walking his way.

"Hey Little Owens," James greets him. "Nick, Sophia." James sends Sophia a secret wink and she blushes, hiding it by snuggling into Nick's chest.

"What's up, James?" Nick asks.

"Hard day," James answers. "Montana's been annoying me all day."

"Your sister," Chase smirks. "I wonder if she's up for round three."

James grits his teeth. "Shut up, Little Owen."

"I'm anything but little," Chase retorts. "Just ask Montana."

"You little-"

"Chase!"

Chase turns around and grunts when Tana jumps into his arms and starts making out with him. He groans and pushes her up against the lockers.

Montana and Tyler walk down the hall and she stops when she sees her brother. "Give me a sec," she says. "I gotta talk to James."

She walks over and tap him on the shoulder. He turns around and groans when he sees her. "What?" He growls.

"You can't tell mum and dad," Montana says.

James scoffs. "I'll do whatever I want."

"James please," Montana whines. "They'll lock me up in my room with nothing to do."

"You deserve it," James growls, grabbing her wrist and pulling her away from his friends. "I can't believe your cutting yourself again," he hisses.

"I'm sorry," Montana sobs. "I'm having a hard time."

"With what?" James snaps.

"L-Luke spread around that I was suicidal," Montana says, scratching her wrist. "Now Everyone is calling me Emo."

"You aren't gonna get anywhere if you get fuckin' cry baby over a little name calling," James says. "Grow the fuck up."

James walks away and Montana bites her bottom lip to stop the sob.

He just didn't understand.

*
"Nice of you to join us Chase," Kyle says, sarcastically.

Chase sighs and sits beside him. "Sorry, I got caught up with Tana."

"Her again?" Luke scowls. "Really?"

"I'm sorry are you getting laid?" Chase asks.

Luke rolls his eyes as the rest of the boys laugh. "I'll have you know I am getting laid," Luke says.

Chase's eyes widen in surprise. "Who?"

Luke shrugs. "You don't know her."

"We do, she's just ugly," Kyle chuckles.