Chapter Ten

Montana's POV
"Do you and Tyler wanna sit with us at lunch?" Chase asks making me choke on the sushi that I was eating.

Ms Reynolds was showing us Japanese food culture today. "What?" I ask coughing.

"Do you and Tyler wanna sit with Kyle, Brody and I?" He emphasises.

"Why?"

"Well Brody and Tyler are together-" they are so cute together! "-and well we are sought of a thing," Chase says, awkwardly. "Kyle has no say."

"Luke still not talking to you three huh?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "He'll come around though."

"You think?"

He nods. "Anytime he gets mad, he's away for like a week and then he's back apologising."

"Fingers crossed," I say.

"Now stop changing the subject," he says. "Yes or no?"

"I'd love to," I say.

He holds his hand out and I place a bit of sushi in it. It's like we've known each other for years, because we know what each other is thinking without even speaking. "That's gross," he says, spitting it back out onto his plate.

"That's gross," I whine, scrunching my nose up.

He chuckles. "I'm not a big fan of sushi, sue me."

"Well I love sushi," I say. "And I'm sorry to say that if you want to kiss me, I'm gonna be havin' fish breath."

He chuckles. "That's a risk I'm willing to take."

We were about 2 inches away from kissing when we hear Miss Reynolds clear her throat. "No PDA in my classroom."

"Party pooper," I hear Chase mutter.

*
Chase told Brody not to bother picking him up from class, as I would take him to lunch.

When we got there, I saw Luke sitting with the footy boys. I ignore him and wheel Chase over to Tyler and Brody who were making lovey dovey eyes at each other.

It's gonna be so weird sitting at a table.

"Hey guys," I say, sitting at the chair, beside Chase's wheelchair.

Brody looks away from Tyler and smiles at me. "Thanks for bringing Chase to lunch."

"It's all good," I say. "I crashed him into a couple of walls, but we will just call it progress."

"My knee still hurts from the last one," Chase mutters, rubbing his knee.

"Sorry," I say, not really meaning it. It was hilarious.

"As if," he scoffs. "I might be blind, but I could Your laugh from a mile away."

"Woah," Tyler says, his eyes widening. "You joke?"

"Yes, I'd like to think that, I make good ones," Chase says.

"No I meant about your condition," Tyler says.

Chase shrugs. "I love a good joke."

"Ooh I have tons," Tyler says excitingly.

"Go ahead," Chase smiles.

Tyler was about to say something, when Kyle walks over with the bitch, Tiana. "Ugh," she groans. "Why are these freaks sitting here?"

"Say That again, I dare you," Brody growls.

"Oh right because you are one now," Tiana says. "Kyle can we sit with my friends?"

"Sorry, but I'm sitting with mine," Kyle smiles, sweetly at her. He sits next to chase and I look back at Tiana who was about to scream. She storms off and we all crack up laughing.

"Why do you even sleep with her?" Brody asks.

Kyle shrugs. "She's easy."

Tyler and I roll our eyes. "Typical men," I mutter.

Kyle chuckles and raises his hand in surrender. "Sorry not sorry."

"She's such a bitch," Tyler says.

"Agree," Brody says, grabbing Tyler's hand in a firm grip with his.

"Hello sexy," Kyle murmurs, as Elisa walks past. "Who is she?"

"Uh Elisa?" I question. "Tiana's servant."

Chase chuckles, but stays quiet. Kyle frowns. "How come I've never seen her?"

"Maybe cause your eyes are on Tiana's jugs the whole time," Tyler retorts.

"Touché," Kyle smirks. "You have a feisty boyfriend Brody."

Brody nods and smiles down at Tyler. "He's the best."

I nearly awe and stop myself.

"So Anything new in your life Chase?" Kyle asks.

"Oh yeah," he says. "My mum is dating Byron."

Brody and Kyle's jaw drops, while Tyler and I frown. "Who's Byron?" I ask.

"My physical therapist," Chase says.

"Looks like he's not just getting physical with you," Kyle chuckles.

"Shut the fuck up," Chase growls. "I don't want that image in my head."

"Oh Byron," Brody moans. "Please bend me over this bench and-"

"Stop!" Chase says, covering his ears. Brody and Kyle both crack up laughing, clutching their stomachs.

"How long?" I ask.

"A couple of months apparently," he says. "She was worried I'd get mad, but I'm actually happy for her. She spends all her time with me, so I'm glad she has something to do."

"Someone not something," Kyle butts in.

Chase shudders and I giggle a little. "I didn't know your parents were divorced," Brody says, snatching Tyler's chips from his tray.

"They aren't," Chase says. "That's the problem. They've split, but Dad doesn't want to get divorced."

"Why?" Tyler asks, intrigued with Chase's life.

"I think because of publicity and shit," he answers. "My mum owns her own law firm and Dad is a well known accountant."

"Your Dad sounds like a dick," I say.

"That's cause he is," Chase says. "He hasn't spoken to me, since my accident."

"Even before that he didn't make much an appearance," Brody States. "I don't even think I've met your dad."

"Jesus," Tyler mutters.

"Welcome to my life," Chase jokes.