Chapter 4 - Mission One

Winter Soldier's POV

A soldier approached us and told us, in Russian, our mission.

"You are to go to Madrid for three days and assassinate a millionaire, Fernando Banderas. He supposedly witnessed a mission of another HYDRA agent while being driven to his remote residence. Take out his body guards as well."

It would've been a simple mission, but if he has as many body guards as they say, it could slow us down. We'll need to isolate him while he's not at home.

"Are we clear?" He glanced at both of us. "Yes sir." We say in unison.

•••

The two of us were staying in a small, old apartment in the center of Madrid. It had one bedroom with a dusty old mattress in it, a living room with a couch, and a small kitchen with a two seated dining table. There was a few drunks and drug dealers around the complex who made tons of noise through the night, but they're probably too preoccupied to notice us here.

We needed somewhere to hide that wouldn't be anyone's center of attention. This place was good enough.

The Winter Shadow was sitting by the dining table with an old laptop HYDRA provided us with. She didn't look the same as to how she did last night, she had regained her strength quickly.

"What did you find on the guy." I looked over her shoulder at the screen.

"Well, he's a 57 year old male, born in Mallorca, and moved to Madrid during his twenties."

"What is he famous for?"

"He apparently created some type of weapon that he sold to many organizations, some in The United States, France and England."

"Not that it matters, but what kind of weapon did he create?"

"Dunno, it's probably classified information." She shrugged.

She closed the laptop. "We have his address and everything, I guess we should come up with a plan.

I nodded and sat down in the chair across from her.

"Well we need to kill him when he's not in his residence, I guess our best option is to follow him." I said.

"Yeah."

"Were you able to find out where he works during the day?" She seemed unsure. "Well, it depends on if he's currently making any deals with a company, but I'm thinking we should follow him until he's alone, or mostly alone."

We would take motorcycles to his house, and follow him until it was the right time.

We had left D.C. at around 4:30 in the morning and got here at 7:45 pm Madrid time, now it was 9:00, and we hadn't eaten anything since the day before.

She must've read my mind because she stood up and put a sweater on. "I'm going to get something to eat, did you want to come?" I quickly got up and put my jacket on. A smile crept across her face as she opened the door.

Winter Shadow's POV

"Señorita, señorita!" A man who looked to be about 25 grabbed my shoulder. My reflexes kicked in and I spun around to face him, taking a step back. "Ven conmigo, no quieres este bastardo, tengo más dinero del que puedas imaginar." (Come with me, you don't want this bastard, I have more money than you could imagine.) "En sus sueños." I replied bluntly. (in your dreams). I attempted to push past him until he grabbed my wrist.

My body went into autopilot as I twisted his wrist in a painful angle. He jolted down while I jumped and hooked my leg over his neck, causing him to fall flat on his back. He groaned as I grabbed the soldier's hand and headed towards the stairwell, leaving the bastard in a pitiful mess on the ground.

I turned my head to see the soldier looking back at the guy. He smirked and followed me to the stairs.

I had my gloves and sunglasses on already, my hair draped down, covering my side profile. The Winter Soldier had his cap and gloves on, as well as his jacket to hide his entire left arm.

As we stepped onto the streets, we looked around for somewhere decent to get snacks.

"Oh there's a fruit stand over there." He pointed out across the street. We crossed over to the stand full of apples, berries and all sorts of fruit.

I was busy picking out some apples when I noticed the soldier was gone. How could I have lost him in five minutes?

Turns out he was all the way at the end of the row of stands that stretched out further than I expected. In his hands, he had a bag full of what looked like plums.

"How many are you buying?!" I look into the bag. There had to be at least fifteen plums in the small paper bag he was holding.

"Enough" he said simply.

I laugh, which causes him to glare at me.

I quickly turn away and buy some raspberries and blackberries to eat later. There wasn't anything else that we needed from the fruit stand.

"So why plums?" I questioned, watching as he tied the heavy bag shut.

"No reason. Jus' felt like it." He responded curtly, throwing it into his bag.  We stashed the rest of our fruit in our backpacks and headed towards a corner store.

As we were walking, I notice he was already scarfing down the some of the fruit. This wouldn't do.

"Why don't we find a fast food place instead, we can buy snacks later." I suggested, feeling the gnawing effects of not eating for a day.

He muffles a "yeah" with he mouth still stuffed with plums. It was hilarious to think that he was a deadly assassin.

We ended up finding a sandwich place. We got some water and our food to go, and headed back to the apartment.

As soon as we sat down at the table, the two of us basically inhaled our food. Compared to what we're used to, all of this was incredible. Come to think of it, I can't remember having a meal in God knows how long.

"Tomorrow, we head to Fernando's mansion, and set our plan into place." The soldier said.

"Agreed."

Author's Note

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Xoxoxo