Chapter 11 - Let's Have Some Fun

Flashback

Flashback

January 22nd, 1942

"This is getting ridiculous." Y/n thought to herself as she tried her best to flatten her untamable hair.

Y/n wasn't one to put much time and effort into her hair, despite the fact that women of this decade always had such flawless and dainty hairstyles.

"Y/n how many times do I have to tell you, you already look stunning." Her roommate Lana said, leaning on the doorframe.

"I know I know, I just wanted to change it up a bit."

Lana scoffed at her excuse. "You mean that you're feeling a tad bit jealous that Steve and Bucky are out on double dates?"

Y/n felt her face heat up. "No! That's not it."

"Then tell me what it is." She insisted.

Y/n set the hairbrush down and look at Lana through the mirror in front of her.

"I dunno, I just thought maybe I'd try and look a little nicer. All the other woman in Brooklyn sure know how to dress up."

Lana walked over to her and placed her hands on her shoulders. "Y/n you don't need to try and be someone you're not, plus the natural look totally suits you."

Y/n smiled warmly at her. "Thanks Lana."

"We're gonna have fun! It's a girls night out." She posed sassily causing Y/n to giggle.

The two continued getting ready, applying makeup and all the finishing touches.

They met each other while Lana was working, as she was a waitress at Y/n's favorite diner. Since she worked as a low payed nurse, the two got along talking about their similar troubles.

Y/n was wearing a scarlet dress that fell just below her knees, a simple chain necklace with a golden heart charm, matching earrings, a pearly bracelet, and a silver watch. All she needed was the perfect pair of shoes.

Just then, Lana came up to Y/n with a pair of black stilettos in her hands.

"Here, these are perfect." She said.

Y/n rolled her eyes. "Lana you know that I cannot for the life of me walk in any type of heel. Let alone stilettos!"

"Yeah but you'd look killer good in them!" She remarked.

Y/n laughed and took them from her hands. They were the perfect match to go with her outfit, but she knew she would spend the entire night stumbling around, trying not to fall flat on her face. She shook off her gaze and handed them back to Lana.

"That's alright, I'll just stick with the flats that I had." Said Y/n.

Lana frowned. "You mean those boring ole' things? C'mon now Y/n."