Chapter 10 - Overlooked

2014, Present Day

2014, Present Day

Winter Shadow's POV

"No, not again." I pleaded while panting.

"You will do as I say." Said my superior, waving me off.

I swing a right-hook, only for it to be caught by a strong metal arm. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground, my face grazing the cold concrete.

"You're getting reckless and sloppy." He said in Russian.

That man, who I referred to as my superior, is a HYDRA general, who is responsible for training the other winter soldiers at this particular HYDRA base in Siberia.

The man I was sparring with was considered The Winter Soldier. His strength was around the same as mine, and I guess he'd most likely been here as long as I have. Here being HYDRA.

"This is going nowhere." I mumble to myself.

My superior must've heard me because he put his hand up.

"Pause." He commanded.

The Winter Soldier came to a halt. He stood up straight, waiting for further instructions.

The HYDRA soldier paced around me in circles while eyeing me down. He grabs my face, and spoke into my ear with an unsettling, clear voice.

"I'm sorry Soldier, do you think that you get to do whatever you want with me around?"

I violently shake my head. "No, no sir." I prayed that didn't come out as sarcastic.

He let go, his hand most likely leaving a red print on my skin.

"Right, so you will continue training down here with me and.." He smiled at the Winter Soldier before continuing. "And my star soldier over here."

The favoritism was clear. Can't say I was flattered by it.

I get back into a fighting stance, bracing myself for his attack. Winter Soldier stood ready and prepared. Here we go again..

The next few hours followed by the same events as the ones before that. More kicking and punching, dodging and countering. It was exhausting.

I knew this training was beneficial, especially for my promised mission that I would be sent on soon. A man by the name of Alexander Pierce had stopped by the facility to assign us to a team mission. I can take a lucky guess on who I'd be working with, and he was currently beating my ass in combat.

In the last few minutes of our training, I felt my legs beginning to tense up and ache. I couldn't let it distract me, it's best to just ignore it.

I landed a hard strike to his knee, causing to it buckle and for him to suddenly jerk downwards. Annoyed, he took my tiredness to his advantage and skillfully kicked down towards my legs. Unable to jump in time, I was knocked off balance. Before I could hit the ground, he jolted up and kicked me straight in the gut, resulting in me flying straight into the brick wall behind me.