Chapter 17 - You Know Me

2014 - Present day

2014 - Present day

Winter Soldier's POV

"Blue suit. Red, white and blue shield with a star." Winter Shadow was murmuring under her breath.

"That's what they said." I look at her as we walk down SHIELD's landing site.

We hurriedly crouched behind a large metal container while we waiting for our target. This guy must be pretty important, judging by the amount of backup we have.

Soon enough, him and another man wearing mechanical wings appeared at the site. HYDRA agents were shooting and attacking them from all directions; from the air in jets, on the ground. It was just completely insane. We needed to wait before making a wrong move.

The man with the wings was too busy dealing with the air threats to help out our target, who was in combat with the agents on the ground.

After about five minutes, we see the target heading onto the helicarrier.

"We gotta take out his backup." Winter Shadow states. She was right, there were a few SHIELD pilots heading towards the smaller aircrafts to help him.

"Let's head in." I say.

I pull out my grenade launcher and fire at the jets. The pilots scurry out of the way to avoid the blast, covering their heads with their hands.

Winter Shadow came in and shot at the agents and pilots who fought back. She was quick to notice one of them tossing a grenade, and shot him directly in the forehead before he could activate it.

"Nice shot." I mutter under my breath.

I pick up his grenade and throw it through the closing door of a aircraft before it shut. The jet burst into flames. The number of SHIELD agents had been cut down sufficiently, but the remaining ones were still fighting back relentlessly. I deflected the incoming bullets with my metal arm and took out the agents as they kept coming at me.

"Got it." Winter Shadow hollered as she kicked one of them straight into another jet, causing it to explode. I stare at it in awe before getting back to business.

One last jet remained, parked at the very end of the row. We both climbed on top of it and shot the pilot who was about to start the engine and take off. She effortlessly detached windshield of the jet and threw it aside along with the lifeless pilot in our way. I got into the drivers seat and she secured herself in the passenger seat. The jet took off and soared over the chaos just below us. From a distance, it was hard to make out who were the HYDRA agents and who were the SHIELD agents. From this altitude, they looked like tiny specks going to war with each other.

We headed for the helicarrier at full speed. I was piloting while she kept watch on what was going on. Moments later, she sat up attentively. "I've got eyes on our target, he's with the other guy with the wings. He's carrying him to the top."