Chapter 6 - Now Is The Time

Winter Shadow's POV

Winter Shadow's POV

We didn't flinch.

"What the hell was that?" The Winter Solider was as confused as I was. We crept over to a nearby shrub and hid behind it, watching our surroundings.

We could hear a distant argument coming from the mansion. Sounds of glass shattering and swears in Spanish came closer each second.

"No más!" We heard someone yell. A small group of people were surrounding Fernando as he was stepping backwards onto his lawn.

"Estamos cansados! Cada día, lo que es más importante para usted, es los productos! Tenemos que cuidar a los productos todo el día!"
(We're tired! Every day, what's most important for you is the products! We have to take care of the products all day!)

One of the many of them said while another was backing Fernando out onto his lawn with a gun pointed at his chest.

Some of the other people there were saying something about him being reckless and unthoughtful, forgetting that they have lives of their own. Our guess was that they had worked for Fernando in his house for a long time.

"Desde cuando viste una agente de HYDRA haciendo algo, es como todo lo demás ya no era importante, incluyendo nuestros vidas."
(Ever since when you saw a HYDRA agent doing something, it's like everything else was no longer important, including our lives.)

The man looked to be about thirty or so, he also looked drunk, as the others around him were trying to persuade him to lay off. Fernando just stared at him, a look of both terror and anger on his face.

Fernando finally spoke up. "No te entiendes lo que estoy haciendo! Ya vienen..."
(You don't understand what I'm doing! They're coming...)

Shit

He probably figured out what we were doing, and knew we would come here. What I didn't understand is why HYDRA didn't send us to retrieve the weapons. From the sounds of it, that's exactly what Fernando had predicted.

"No importa! No me duerme para tres días! Tres días! Tengo una família"
(It doesn't matter! I haven't slept in three days! Three days! I have a family.)

The man shot the gun up, causing the other people to run off down the street, horrified of what could come. Fernando watched worriedly as they ran.

I glance at the Winter Soldier, he was thinking the same thing. The plan wasn't to kill Fernando today, but now was the perfect opportunity, there were only two people. We would just have to wait for the right moment to strike.

"No más de sus excusos estupidos. Me terminó contigo, no quiero trabajar para usted un minuto más."
(No more of your stupid excuses. I'm done with you, I don't want to work for you for a another minute.)