Chapter 19 - Don't Go

1943

1943

"War continues to ravage Europe, but help is on the way!"

Y/n watched as Steve attentively watched the PSA flickering on the screen in front of them. His eyes were filled with drive and passion, the same look he'd carry on his face since he was a kid.

"Who cares! Play the movie already!" A man in the audience scowled.

"Steve just ignore him." Y/n whispered. "He doesn't get it."

"That's what's bothering me." Steve says annoyed.

The two had gone out to watch a movie together. It was meant to be an ordinary night to unwind, but Y/n knew that if Steve were to provoke this guy, he would get his ass handed to him.

"C'mon get on with it! We wanna watch the movie!" He continued

Steve gripped the edge of his seat. The man was getting on his last nerve, and he wasn't planning on letting it go that easily.

"I'm telling you, ignore it." Y/n protested.

"It's insulting. Doesn't he understand that there are men putting their lives on the line?"

After a few more seconds of baring the man's disrespect, Steve had given up resisting.

"Hey you wanna show some respect." He said to him quietly. Y/n glanced at the man nervously. To her relief, he probably hadn't heard him.

A couple of people in the audience were gazing at the screen despairingly. Y/n noticed a woman dabbing the tears in her eyes with her hand, to which Y/n kindly offered her a handkerchief.

"Let's go! Get on with it!!" The man hollered. His voice echoed through the theater, causing many upset people to stare at him.

"Hey just start the cartoon!" The man said, which finally set Steve off.

"Hey wanna shut up?" Steve spat.

"Steve!" Y/n nudged him.

The man slowly stood up and looked down at the two of them. Y/n swallowed the lump in her throat, worried of what he might do.

"This your girl? Because I'd like to have a little chat with her outside." He sneered.

Before either of them could act, the man grabbed Y/n by the hair and dragged her to the back alley. Steve sprung from his seat and hurried after them.

Y/n twisted and fidgeted in his grasp, causing him to pin her against the brick wall of the building. "That's a nice dress you got there. I wonder what you would look like without it." He snickered.

Y/n glanced to the right and noticed that he had stuck a wooden plank by the door to barricade it. She could hear Steve's hopeless pounds against the door, trying to reach her.