Chapter 32 - Smith is gone

(This is Trinity's dress

(This is Trinity's dress. She wasn't around during the ball so this is her outfit.)

Neo was sitting next to the round metal table. He had fully zoned out. Jinx sat next to him. "How are you doing, hot shot?" Jinx grinned at him. The nickname had stayed. "I'm good just thinking about everything." Neo said. A small smile formed on his lips. "Well you should get ready. Tonights going to be wild." Jinx reminded. "I'm not really in a party mood." Neo said. "Why not? You defeated Smith. And freed all the people he had copied himself onto." "I just don't know. I can feel that Smith truly is gone. The Matrix is still full of danger." Neo reminded. "You don't want me to go in?" Jinx asked. "No- kinda. It's complicated. I don't trust the matrix." "I understand what you mean." Jinx smiled at Neo. "I will be ok. I will always be in the matrix with you." Jinx leaned closer and kissed him. She broke the kiss pretty quickly. "Now. We both need to prepare." Jinx stood up and patted Neo on his shoulder.

The party had already started. The crew had already entered the matrix. They had also droven to Tulip's mansion. "So why are all the events always here?" Jinx thought outloud. "Tulip is one of the only few, who own a home here." Trinity pointed out. "Oh. Well now that you said it's kinda obvious." Jinx admitted. Jinx slowly exited the car. She linked hands with Neo. "Seriously?" Nara chuckled. "Gosh you two should get room." Roxy giggled. "That one has been already used like million times, Ro-ro. Next time try to invent something new, sweety." Jinx said on a playfull tone.

Morpheus knocked on the door. A man with sunglasses and a long leather jacket opened the door. He moved aside and let the crew inside. The crew almost immediatly splitted into little groups. Apoc and Switch went to a more private area. Jinx, Nara and Roxy went to catch up with Seyu and Loki. Trinity talked with Morpheus. And Mouse.. well Mouse is.. Mouse, so he stayed with Morpheus and Trinity. Neo was at the side. He drowning on his thoughts. He wanted to see the Oracle and talk about everything.

"And yeah it's good to be back." Trinity finished her sentence. "Morpheus!" Tulip called in the distance. "How does she always notice me?" "I have no clue." "Oh Trinity. It is truly lovely to see you." Tulip smiled at her. "It's great to see you as well, Tulip."

"So how has life on Somnium been?" Roxy asked. "It's cool. The crew is still very little. It's just me, Loki, Tulip and our operator, Gem, but if i'm correct we will get more crew members in the near future. It's not certain and im not sure but.. We'll see." Jinx's thoughts wandered back on his boyfriend. "I will go check on, Sunglasses. I'll be right back." Jinx smiled at the others before walking to Neo.

"You've been so quiet today. Is everything okay?" Jinx asked. "We must talk. Privatly." Neo took Jinx's arm and dragged her out. There was a small terrace. "What is up with you? Why are you so quiet?" "Well there are lot of things." Neo said calmly. "Like? Give me an example." "Like you DIED in my arms, i found out i am a father and a certain person confessed having had past feelings for me. Nothing special." Neo's words came out harsh in a way he had not intendet. "Wh..what?" Jinx's eyes filled with tears. "Let me guess.. It's Trinity isn't it?" Jinx started sniffling. Her voice was a mix of betrayal, sadness and anger. "I.. i didn't mean it like that." Neo regretted lashing out on her.

"I get it. I have been too keen on my own stuff and haven't payed enough attention on you. Well.. guess what? I'm going to have a fricking baby. And that baby will be born into this.. depressing reality. Filled with killer machines and prophecies and chosen ones and.. and." Jinx continued her uncontrollable sniffling as she sat down on the concrete floor. "I'm sorry." Neo tried to apologize. "You shouldn't be around me.. I'm just an emotional timebomb. I excploded and now here we are.. In the ruins." Jinx paused. "You probably should go." "I wont leave you." Neo informed.

"Jinx is taking an awfull long." Nara mumbled to the others. "Ya.. And she didn't even get to taste that wine.. It was pretty good not gonna lie." Roxy admitted. "Should someone go check on her?" Seyu asked. "Nah.. She is with 'sunglasses'. She will be ok." Roxy said. "Naranechia." Morpheus called. Nara turned to look at him. "What is it?" Nara asked on a calm tone. "Have you seen Neo? He got a message from the oracle." "Oh yes, i have. He is on the terrace over there with Jinx." Nara informed on an 'I'm a professional' tone. Morpheus made his way to the small terrace.

"Neo." Morphues called. Neo turned to him. "The oracle. She sent you a message." Morpheus handed Neo an envelope. "Thank you." Neo thanked Morpheus. "No problem." Morpheus returned inside. Neo held the envelope. He examined it. The oracles hand writing was clean. He opened the envelope to find a piece of paper inside. It had some text on it. He started reading it to himself. Jinx slowly started collecting herself back together. "So it's from the Oracle?" "She wants to see me."

(Ok. This one was kinda bad cause i went for more of a dramatic chapter. And to justify both sides. Jinx is pregnante.. so she kinda has some mood swings. And what comes to Neo.. It just has been real tough on him. But ya. I hope you enjoyed this chapter eventho it was different. (idk if its different in a good or bad way) I hope you guys have a great day. And till the next chapter! :D)