Chapter 36 - Programs hacking programs

(Hi guys. You guys can skip this but.. Today i changed my laptops backround image to the picture above. And it's hilarious when i log on and im like "HeLlO tHeRe! DiDn'T eXcPeCt SeEiNg YoU hErE, sMiTh." Eather that or he scares the living daylight outta me. Alright now that i could inform this not needed thing to you fellas, i'll get into todays chapter, enjoy!)

That morning most of the crew members woke up early. Jinx woke up alone once again. Neo had probably woken up early and left for some breakfast. She knew something was bothering him. Perhaps a new vision. She knew if Neo had had another vision he would have told her.. or not. "If he just didnt want to worry me." Jinx thought.

Jinx got up from the bed and changed on some more loose pants and a black long sleeved sweater. She felt nauseous and hurried to bathroom to throw up. After cleaning the toilet, washing her hands and after that her face, Jinx walked to the cafeteria. To her surprise, her knight in a shining armor wasn't there. The only ones there were Nara, Roxy, Trinity and Mouse.

Jinx took some of the snot like goo and sat down next to Mouse. "Everything okay?" Roxy asked. "Mhm. Just wondered where Neo went." "Gosh you two can't be apart for more than five minutes, eh?" Nara chuckled. Jinx sighed frustration covering her voice. "I could. I just have private stuff to discuss with him." Jinx said. "Alrighty. He is at the main deck. Went to see the Oracle." Roxy said before continuing her breakfast.

Neo had arrived in front of the Oracles door once again. He knocked the door. A woman opened the door. "Hi Neo. The Oracle has been waiting for you." The woman fully opened the door so Neo could get in. Neo walked inside and took off his sunglasses. "You can wait at the living room. She will see you shortly." The woman smiled softly. Neo nodded and sat down on the floor. He looked threw the window. All the images flashing threw his head. From the door of light to the table to the painful screams of agony.

"The oracle is ready to see you now." The woman said. Neo nodded and got up. He made his way in the kitchen. The Oracle was eating a piece of candy. "I've been excpecting you." The Oracle said. Neo stayed quiet. "Would you like to sit?" She asked. Neo for once didn't resist and took the seat. "Would you like a candy?" The Oracle asked offering Neo a piece. "Do you already know if i'm going to take it?" Neo asked. "Wouldn't be much of an Oracle if i didn't." "But if you already know, how can i make a choice?" "Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured out by now." Neo proceeded to take the small piece of candy.

"Are there any programs like you?" Neo asked. "Oh, Well.. Not like me." The Oracle paused. "But look, see that tree outside moving with the wind? At some point a program was written to govern them. A program was written to watch over the trees, and the wind, the sunrise and sunset. There are programs running all over the place. The ones doing their job, doing what they were meant to do, are invisible. You'd never even know they were here. But the other ones, well, we hear about them all the time." The Oracle finished.

"I've never heard of them." Neo said. "Oh, of course you have. Every time you've heard someone say they saw a ghost, or an angel. Every story you've ever heard about vampires, werewolves, or aliens, is the system assimilating some program that's doing something they're not supposed to be doing." "Programs hacking programs. Why?" Neo asked. "They have their reasons, but usually a program chooses exile when it faces deletion." "And why would a program be deleted?" "Maybe it breaks down. Maybe a better program is created to replace it - happens all the time, and when it does, a program can either choose to hide here, or return to The Source." "The machine mainframe?" "Yes. Where you must go. Where the path of The One ends. You've seen it, in your dreams, haven't you? The door made of light?" Neo took a moment to process before nodding.

"What happens when you go through the door?" The Oracle asked a hint of fear in her voice. "I see Jinx, screaming in agony and pain. She is giving birth. She says that she needs me, but i am no where to be seen. Then everything goes black and i only hear the voices. The other crew members gasp at something." The oracle nods slowly. "You have the sight now, Neo. You are looking at the world without time." "Why can't i see the baby or what happens to Jinx?" "We can never see past the choices we don't understand." "Are you saying i have to choose what happens after the images disappear?" "No. You've already made the choice, now you have to understand it." "No, I can't do that. I won't. I'm too scared to." "You have to." "Why?" Neo's voice cracked slightly. "Because you're The One." "What if I can't? What happens if I fail?" "Then Zion will fall. Our time is up. Listen to me, Neo. You can save Zion if you reach The Source, but to do that you will need the Keymaker."

"The Keymaker?" "Yes, he disappeared some time ago. We did not know what happened to him until now. He's being held prisoner by a very dangerous program, one of the oldest of us. He is called the Merovingian, and he will not let him go willingly." "What does he want?" Neo asked. "What do all men with power want? More power." The Oracle anwsered. She continued. "Be there, at that exact time, and you will have a chance." "Seems like every time we meet I've got nothing but bad news. I'm sorry about that, I surely am. But for what it's worth, you've made a believer out of me. Good luck, kiddo." The Oracle smiled at Neo.