Chapter 45 - The Architect

(This is literally all i imagine when i get to this scene in the movie lol.. I hope you guys enjoy. Also i am very sorry for using the f word in this chapter.)

"You can't control me! I'm gonna smash you to bits! I'll fuckin' kill you!" Couple of the screen Neo's threatened. "Choice. The problem is choice." The real Neo said with the slightest of sadness in his voice that the Architect didn't notice. "The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art – flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another – an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother."

"The Oracle."

"Please. As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probablility of disaster." The Architect continued. "This is about Zion." Neo thought outloud. "You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed – its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated." "Bullshit." Neo said and the screen Neo's repeated after him.

"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses, but rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.The function of the One is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which, you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals – 16 female, 7 male – to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash, killing everyone connected to the Matrix, which, coupled with the extermination of Zion, will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race." "Jinx." "Apropos, she left the Matrix to give birth to your child, and she wont make it threw." The screens around him changed to show Jinx. Just the way she had been in his vision. "No.." Neo's words weren't above a whisper.

"Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Source, and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back to the Matrix, to her and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already, I can see the chain reaction – the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason – an emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth. She is going to die, and there is nothing you can do to stop it." Neo was breaking inside. He had to go to her, even if this would be her end, he would be by her side and perhaps she could make it threw. "Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness."

Neo started walking to the left door. "If I were you, I would hope that we don't meet again." Neo said as he opened the door. "We won't." The Architect watched as Neo closed the door. Neo opened his phone at lightning speed and dialed in the operator's number. "Operator?" "TANK I NEED TO GET OUT RIGHT NOW!" Neo was yelling to him threw the phone. "Hold your horses.." He dialed something in and then said. "There is a phone store 20 miles from you." "THANK YOU!" Neo yelled before he turned off the phone. He started flying. "What is that?" Morpheus stared at the screen. "Whatever it is, it's moving faster than anything I've ever seen." Tank said.

Neo got in front of the phone store. He flew inside threw the window. He anwsered the phone. Tank unplugged him. He shot up and started running. Morpheus and Tank quickly followed him.

Neo rushed in and saw Roxy holding Jinx's left hand and Nara Jinx's right hand. Apoc, Dozer and Switch were at the other end of the table. Nara moved aside and Neo rushed on her place. "I'm here i made it.." Neo was out of breath. "You made it." Jinx said holding his hand as she tried to stop screaming for a moment. "Come on just a little more." Switch said as Jinx squeezed Neo's hand even harder. Then everyone heard a crying baby.

"Oh my god."