Chapter 1 - Her Wish

"Oppa, I'm home." Myeong Jo came home, removing her shoes.

She didn't hear her brother reply.

"Oppa, Gwenchana? Are you sleeping?"

Still no reply.

She removed her sneakers and went inside her brother's room to check on him.

Slowly opening the door, she peaked her head inside. There he was laying on the bed, sleeping so peacefully under the blanket. He looked like a polar bear who caught cold.

A smile bloomed on her lips. She went inside and sat by the edge of his bed. Gently stroking his hair, she spoke softly, "Oppa, feeling good now?"

Her elder brother Min Yoon Gi worked so hard to run their little family. Just her and him against the world. Today he got sick in the morning. Of course, working so much would bound to get him tired.

Yoon Gi slowly opened his eyes. Myeong Jo knew how her brother hated waking up from his precious sleep. But now, he didn't budge at all. He must be really sick.

"Y-you came?" He uttered, eyes closing again.

Myeong Jo put her palm over his forehead. The fever hadn't decreased. It was just like it was in the morning.

Tension and worries were seen in her eyes. "Oppa, I bought some medicine for you. You have to eat them."

Saying, she opened her 13 year old handbag and took the medicine out.

Yoon Gi looked at her. She looked at him too.

"What?" she asked.

He sighed, "You didn't buy them, did you?"

Myeong Jo gulped down her throat. She immediately moved her gaze away from his eyes. She tightened her grips.

"Stop borrowing money, Myeong Jo! I told you not to. It's better not to buy than borrow!" despite his high fever, he yelled at her, sitting upright.

Myeong Jo gulped, lowering her head.

Yoon Gi pressed his lips into a thin line, "Take some money from my drawer and return the money back to the owner, got it?"

She didn't nod.

"I said do you understand?" he asked again.

Tears began forming in her eyes. She pressed her lips together to stop crying. But she failed. Tears fell one by one.

Yoon Gi, seeing his sister crying, without any hesitation, pulled her close to his warm body. He patted her head softly. She kept crying on her brother's shoulder.

"I'm sorry. You're sick..I'm so sorry...it hurts me to see you like this." she mumbled in her cries.

He kept stroking her hair.

"I'm fine. I'll be okay soon." he said to console her.

She sniffled, wiping her whole face. She pulled away and sat in front of him, lowering her head down.

"I-I got my salary today. But I had to pay back our parent's debt. So it all got spent. I wanted to save some for your medicine but the fee was so less." she explained and he listened.

"It's okay. I understand. So return the money back tomorrow, okay?"

She nodded.

She looked at him, "I'm sorry I can't do anything for you. You always take care of me. but I can't. I'm so sorry."

"Yah, Yah! What's with all these sorrys? I told you to stop saying them. I am fine, okay? Now go rest. I will take the medicine." He tugged himself back to bed.