Chapter 24 - I Hate That I Love You

"Hey, sis!" Yoon Gi came and sat over the cafe table where Myeong Jo was already sitting.

"Can't you come a bit fast? Fans attacked me not too long ago." she sipped her drink.

"Blame the traffic." He sat and ordered an ice coffee for him.

She put the drink down and looked at him, "So what did you want to talk about?"

Yoon Gi cleared his thoat and leaned over the table, "There's this boy. His uncle works in my company. They are pretty rich and the boy has a club of his own. Not too old, but good enough for...."

Myeong Jo cut him off by saying, "If this is another marriage proposal, then my answer is the same. NO."

"No, no, listen. The boy's really good. He's a great fan of yours. Fair, right? And......" He tried to introduce more about him.

"Everyone in the country is my fan. That's nothing new. And my answer will be same. So don't bother wasting time." she began drinking her coconut juice.

Yoon Gi sighed. The waiter came and gave him his drink. After he left, he stirred his drink before looking at her with one eye.

"It's because of him, right? Park Jimin..."

Myeong Jo felt a cold feeling inside her as she looked at him. She bit her lower lip and looked away; facing the street.

"Come on, Myeong Jo-ah. It's been damn 4 years. Nothing's gonna happen like you're thinking. He isn't gonna come back to you. He may have already married another girl in his universe. I bet he doesn't even remember you."

He sipped his drink, "Look, you guys were never married. It was basically a 149 days contract or something like that. You were his wife and he was your husband. Simple! That man didn't even loved you. He only cared for his real wife. Arasso? He never ever loved you..."

Myeong Jo scoffed; still not looking at him.

"Waiting for him will only ruin you. You had your most beautiful moment of your life there. And I'm happy for you. You found love and happiness from that guy so I am grateful to him. But if you hope for him more, it'll only destroy the rest of your life."

Yoon Gi leaned closer to her so that no one else could hear him.

"He's from another universe. If he wanted you, he would've come for you long ago. He doesn't know the way to come here. Even we both don't know. That comet was kind enough to make your wish come true. But you don't know how to go back there, do you? Only we know that parallel universe actually exist. But we don't know the way to travel. And I really fail to understand you sometimes. You love him one second and the next second you hate him."

She looked at him with raised eyebrows, "Why are you suddenly talking about that?"

"Because I want my baby sister to wake up from her dreams. She still doesn't know the world yet. She has to move on her life too." he said softly.

"Oppa, I've moved on. I'm not that girl who was so obsessed about him that couldn't get out of bed and used to cry day and night. I'm not that girl who used to utter his name like crazy every second. I have become a successful writer and our lives are better now. I'm completely fine and happy." she knew most of her sentences were lies.

Yoon Gi chuckled a little and looked at his sister with affection and care.

"Myeong Jo-ah, you know something? If Jimin ever comes for you, if he wants to stay with you.......I will really be glad." he let out a chuckle.

"Based on what you said, he seemed like a good man who'll take care of you with his heart. I really want both of you to get together. But we can't change our destiny, can't we?" he took his drink again.

Myeong Jo stared out at the street. She noticed a couple holding hands and walking. She smiled a bit and recalled that time when they used to stroll around in the garden with arms linked.

"Oppa, it's very strange." she said not looking at him.

"What?"

"149 days didn't matter to him at all. In fact, I saved his life twice without thinking any second. Then how can he still push me away?" she let out a soft chuckle.

"I was never his even for 149 days."

---------------

"And that's a wrap! Good Job everyone! Thank you, Miss for coming." the Photography director shook her hands.

"It's really no problem, Mr. Yoo." she smiled and wore her coat.

"I heard you are working on a new story. Can't wait, Miss." Mr. Yoo chuckled like every old man does.

She just smiled back without any reply.

Myeong Jo began working on a new story. She's been getting called for magazine covers and tv Ads. Of course, because her face was one of prettiest of Korea. She was also called for acting in dramas but she refused as she was not ready for it yet.

In her living room, she was watching TV news when a news appeared that attracted her attention.

"NASA revealed last week that another comet is about to be seen in earth less than 2 days. They named it the Swan Comet because of its discovery in the the glare of twilight. It is to be told that the comet will be visible in the sky approximately for 40 days shorter than the last Neowise Comet. You can see it in tonight if you clearly look. For more updates, stay tuned to SBS News. This is SBS Reporter Kim Seok Jin with cameraman Bang Si Hyuk."

Another comet?

She looked at the sky somehow. Can she go back there? Is she allowed to? Or does she wish to go?

After leaving him, there's a big change in herself. And that is mixed feelings. And unable to decide.

She cannot take a right desicion and she keeps having mixed feelings for Jimin. She loves him. Still she loves him like no end. But often she hates him and wants him to go away from her memories.

"I hate you Jimin. I hate that I love you."