Chapter 3 - Scar

After having a relaxed bath, Myeong Jo stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself. She was the same girl. The same face yet she became a bit more beautiful and elegent. Exactly like a Queen. She wondered if she was wearing makeup because she couldn’t recognize herself.

After putting on a long dress that the maids arranged for her, she walked out of the room for the first time. Daebak, she really was inside a royal castle. Was this time lapse? Did she transport to the past? No. It wasn’t possible. The surroundings were modern. The clothes they wore were totally modern. She had a large LED TV in her room. Jimin even had an iPhone. That explained this wasn’t the past.

She slowly walked downstairs and all the maids and guards present there, bowed to her. Myeong Jo stood quietly like a robot, caught off-guard. Was she supposed to bow back too?

Suddenly someone whispered into her ear from behind, “Just smile a bit and walk where you wanted to go.”

She turned behind, surprised to see Jimin. He had his hands inside his pockets and smiling at her.

She did as he said and walked towards the right corridor though she didn’t know where she was going. Jimin kept following her from behind.

“Are you sure you know where you are going?” Jimin teased her from behind.

“Aish, of course not.” Myeong Jo whined.

Jimin laughed and walked beside her, “We'll just take a walk around the Kingdom and the garden.

Both of them had a long tour inside the castle. Jimin showed her all around the palace. The castle was so huge, it was easy to get lost. It was almost afternoon. Jimin took her to their garden. The garden was twice as large as any other garden. Also it was at the same time spacious and filled with giant trees and plants.

Myeong Jo loved nature. She always admired its beauty. She felt happy to be in the garden.

“See that swing over there?” Jimin pointed to her right. There was a swing covered with flowers. It was swinging on its own slightly.

“You used to sit there whenever you found free time.” he stated.

Myeong Jo nodded as she walked to the swing. She sat on it and began swinging it lightly with her feet. Jimin stood in front of her, slightly smiling.

“How old was I?” Myeong Jo asked him.

He answered, “23.”

So the age and name were same.

“Was I too...rude?” finding no other word to express, she just used that.

Jimin laughed and replied, “No! No, you were the sweetest person I had ever seen in the world.”

Again that blushy feeling. Jimin realized he shouldn’t had said that. He lowered his eyes and bit his lips.

Myeong Jo felt guilty too. She knew that though she was his wife, he couldn't treat her like he used to. He may had loved her very much. Myeong Jo just wanted to fix everything right. Deep inside, she knew she's at a place she shouldn’t be. She had to find out everything.

“Jimin-ssi, I'm very sorry. I know you must be feeling so bad and mad for everything. I'm sorry for not remembering you.” Myeong Jo uttered, facing the ground.

Jimin immediately knelt down on the ground to face her. He cupped her face in his palms and said, “No, Myeong Jo. Don't say that. It's not your fault. It was my fault that I let you go all alone on the mountains. If I was there with you, I could've saved you from falling down. Don't say sorry. It hurts me.”