Chapter 18 - Never Loved Her

"I'm not your wife."

Jimin slowly let her go and looked at her. Yes. That was her last hug. She lowered her head and kept sobbing.

"Of course. You are not my wife. You are my Precious Lovely Beautiful Wife...." he pinched her red nose.

Myeong Jo raised her head and looked at him, "Jimin, I am not your wife."

Her voice sounded so firm that his joyful face turned into a confused one slowly. He chuckled nervously, "Yah, what are you saying? Are you that mad at me?"

This time, she just shut her heart inside and let her brain speak, "I am not Queen Min Myeong Jo of The Kingdom of Busan. I am not the girl you married. I am not the girl you fell in love with."

His eyes had those questions. His face showed that expression she knew he would. Confused and surprised Jimin.

Myeong Jo wiped her face, "I'm sorry I hid it from you for a long time. T-the truth is........... I am from another universe. A parallel universe."

Jimin just kept staring at her.

"You are acting really weird now. Are you okay?" he asked.

Myeong Jo sighed, "You have to believe me. Whatever I say is absolutely true. Jimin, you gotta listen to me."

"When I first woke up, I couldn't recognize you. Nor anybody in this world. I had a different life in my mind. A different upbringing. I was a poor, deprived girl. My parents left me and my brother in a huge debt. All our life we had to grow up in proverty and had to pay them back. Life was really cruel with us....." she hopelessly smiled a bit.

"Then life really didn't want me to live any longer, I decided to end this cruel life. I committed suicide."

Jimin kept staring at her. He just listened to her words without any reaction. His heart was racing against time whether or not he should keep believing her nonsense words.

"But I didn't die. I woke up here. With the same body, same voice, same mind, same heart, same name, same face. Yet a totally different life. A life where I am a Queen, a life where I have a loving husband, a life where I can find the word Happiness." she smiled again.

"I began to dig out the truth. After doing, I realized I was transported into a parallel universe. A world same as ours yet separate. The Neowise Comet magically just granted my wish. And here I was."

"I have only 149 days. After then, I suppose I will go back to my world."

Jimin's eyes began flickering. And that's when she saw his eyes had also tears.

This broke her down. She really can imagine what Jimin must be feeling right now. Confused, Lost, Upset, Shocked, Pained.

He stepped towards her and held her shoulders. Myeong Jo couldn't look at him out of guilt. She faced the floor; tears dropping as well.

"M-Myeong Jo-ah.........Please tell me this is a lie....y-you are mad at me right? I'm sorry....I'm sorry that I hurt you..... Please don't turn it into this...." his voice was already broken.

"I'm sorry, Jimin." she mumbled under her breath.

Jimin gasped and tightened his grips on her shoulders. He shook her violently again and again, "Myeong Jo-ah! Wake up! What are you saying?! You are not in your senses! Stop saying nonsense!"

Myeong Jo just endured his shakes and sobbed.

"P-parallel world? Where did you get this idea from? Look I know you are very much upset with me and I don't blame you for that. But.......at least don't utter such lies!"