Chapter 13 - Promise

Myeong Jo slowly felt something. She after a long time, felt the feeling of being alive. She very slowly tried to open her eyes. It was difficult but she managed to do it.

She found herself in a familiar room. On the same king-sized bed, blankets tugged inside. The same ceiling over was white in color. The temperature around was temperate for her as always. In a word, she felt so easy and comfortable and familiar and dear.

She smiled inside her mind, knowing she is inside her room.

Her hand felt strange. She smiled a bit, already figuring out what was happening. She turned her neck to her right slowly and saw that familiar scene. Again.

Jimin was holding her hand, his head laying on the edge of the bed, sleeping. She wanted to smile just. She felt like she time-travelled to the past. To the very first day, she met this amazing creature. The day when her happiness began. The day when she began feeling loved and cared. She began feeling special.

Unlike her first time, she didn’t remove her hand away due to surprise. This time, she even tightened her grip with his. Her heart felt a different type of joy to hold Jimin's hand.

Jimin immediately woke up. He was surprised at first to see her awake. His eyes travelled every part of her body. His mouth was slightly open.

Myeong Jo was just smiling. She wanted to. She was so happy to wake up and find him waiting for her always. She was really happy that this man was her husband.

“M-Myeong Jo-ah?” his faded sweet voice calmed her down.

He got on the bed and like always, took her inside his warm embrace. Myeong Jo didn’t hesitate like the first time. She had no strength to hold him back so she just smiled and closed her eyes.

Jimin thanked the Almighty and held her tightly. He kissed on her forehead many times then looked at her. She also looked at him.

“D-do you remember........me?” he was still afraid if she lost her memory again.

Though she had no energy, she still managed to let out a small chuckle before nodding her head slowly.

Jimin let out relief sigh and smiled at her.

“You are awake after a week and 2 days. You must be feeling so weak.” he laid her head down on the pillow again. He held her hand and intertwined with his. Then he kissed their joint hand.

Myeong Jo kept her gaze only on him. She wanted to picture his beautiful face inside her mind. So even if she closes her eyes, his face always flashes.

“H-ho.....w.........”

Jimin was a bit startled that she wanted to talk.

“H...ow.....have...you been?” she asked.

Jimin finally got the question he wanted to answer for a long time. His eyebrows furrowed.

“How have I been?! You ask me this? How does it feel to find his wife somewhere far away from where she is supposed to be? And how does it even feel when you see all on a sudden, someone stood in front of you to save you and later you find out it was your wife?!” he literally screamed at her.

Myeong Jo frowned and moved her gaze away.

“Most of all, how hard and painful it is to wait day and night for your dying wife who laid her life to save your life because of her limitless Love?” he kept scolding her.

Myeong Jo felt like she was a first grader who was getting scolded for not doing her homework. She pretended like she was hearing but she actually closed her ears.