Chapter 12 - I Will Love You Forever

Jimin's P.O.V

When the orc pointed the gun at me, my whole body froze. Suddenly my body became numb. I couldn’t do anything. I was scared. My fingers were trembling.

The orc laughed at my weak condition.

I knew I was going to die. He was gonna shoot me. I closed my eyes. If this is how I die, then I'll have no regrets. I can do anything for my Kingdom.

The only thing I regret is the last thing I did with my beloved wife was fight. I yelled at her, hurt her. I badly want to say sorry and I love you to her right now. I wish I could see her face one last time.

A loud gunshot was heard.

But I didn’t feel any pain.

I opened my eyes slowly, only to look at an unexpected view. Someone was standing in front of me with his back, the bullet hit him instead of me. He lost balance and fell to the ground.

The orc leader seemed clueless at the sudden action. I took the opportunity to pull out my sword and pierced it through his neck. Black blood flowed down his neck and he immediately died.

I looked back at my savior. Who was he? H-he sacrificed his life to save his king. I sat on my knees. Blood was spilling out from his mouth. He was wearing a hoodie so I wasn’t able to see his face.

I was feeling too guilty. Why did he had to save me? My heart was longing for his forgiveness. I wanted to say sorry to him before he leaves the earth.

I removed the hoodie.........

The face........why...........

It was unbelievable. Something not right was in front of me. Was I crazy? Was I so stupid? Or was I actually right?

I couldn’t believe what was happening. I didn’t want to believe that.

Why was Myeong Jo laying in front of me, blood smeared everywhere on her body, red blood spilling out from her mouth and she trying her best to breath?

Was I too obsessed with her that I was seeing her face inside my savior's face? Did I love her too much? That I couldn’t even properly see him?

“J-J...i...mi.....n”

The way she stuttered my name was the exact way Myeong Jo calls me. The voice was hers. Her eyes were blinking rapidly, her mouth trying to inhale air as much as she could.

My lips and my whole body began shaking like a vibrator. It couldn’t be. It wasn’t possible!  Myeong Jo is back at the castle, waiting for me in our room, praying for my victory and safety. How could this person be her?!

I could no longer hold the heartbreak as my gried poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. My eyes were still not believing yet my heart said yes. I took her inside my arms. It was her. It was really her! It was my Myeong Jo!