Chapter 29 - Reasons

Jimin sat on the white couch like yesterday. His fingers were playing with themselves; nervousness written on his face. Can say the same for Myeong Jo as well. She moved inside the kitchen and began grinding coffee. She likes to make coffee by herself. While walking around the kitchen, she began deciding what she should say afterwards. She can't look nervous and weak in front of him.

After spinning and mixing sugar cubes, she decorated a bit for God knows why. Maybe for impression. She made two mugs of coffee and brought it to him. He accepted it gladly after thanking her. Myeong Jo flopped down beside him.

WHHHHYYYYY????

She realized she made a mistake after sitting. She could've sat in front of him! Aish this heartu of hers!❤

After he took a sip, he couldn't stop tasting this amazing heavenly drink. "Wahh....it's really delicious.....wow...."

She smiled slightly and drank hers too.

Silence took over them as both of them were taking their coffee quietly. Jimin decided to break it.

"I just realized this is the first time I am eating something you made." he excitedly said.

Myeong Jo glanced at him for a few seconds amd thought he was actually right. "Oh right."

Out of nowhere, a thought hit Myeong Jo. Does he have to go back? If he had crossed the universe, then he has to go back too. No one can stay in another world for permanent.

Her heart felt as if it stopped out of fear. Will she lose him again? She was lost in her thoughts as she held the mug without sipping.

Jimin noticed her and asked, "Yah, you okay?"

She blinked thrice and looked at him with a mixed face of fear and surprise. She gulped down her throat and decided to ask him. "W-will you go back?"

He raised his eyebrows, "Go back where?"

She inhaled a deep breath, "Your Universe."

He kept staring at her face without any reply.

"No, I won't. I can't." He got back to his position and drank it again.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "How come? If a person transports to another world, he cannot stay there forever. He has to return sooner or later. That's what happened with me."

Jimin looked at her as if she was an idiot. He put the mug down on the glass table and pulled up his legs so that he can face her direct. He sighed and said, "An idiot like you will only think that."

Surprised by his sudden tease, she felt confused. She tilted her neck to the right out of confusion.

He began explaining, "Look, that's what you thought. After you left, I looked into many books and asked astronomers. I investigated everything about parallel universes and I decided something after putting everything into pieces."

He paused. Her silence made him continue.

"That a person can stay in another universe."

Myeong Jo definitely didn't get it. "How?"

"A person can only transport into another universe when he or she's not acknowledged by people in his or her universe, right?" he asked Myeong Jo and she nodded.

He continued, "So when you got into my universe that night, think about it. Right that time, no one concerned for you. No one needed you. So you went there easily."