Chapter 21 - Life is Cruel

(I think Spring Day will suit this chapter. Play it if you want😉. And brace yourselves!)

Jungkook knocked on the door at night. Knowing there will be no reply, he still entered.

The room was dark as usual. And he was laying on the bed; pretending to sleep when he's actually sobbing under the sheets.

Jungkook stood by his side of the bed.

“Hyung, I've something to tell you.”

No reply. Jungkook knew Jimin was actually hearing everything.

“You've to permit Noona to go out tomorrow. It'll be her last day here.” he said firmly.

Jimin felt a big thump inside his heart. He remained quiet.

“She says she has to stand at the same cliff in order to go back. And since you made her a prisoner, she asked for your permission to go back.” Jungkook explained.

“After murdering my wife, she will go back to her world happily? I won't let that happen.” Jimin turned his back to the other side.

Jungkook scoffed in disbelief and surprise, “Hyung! Why are you being so cruel? Let her go back to her universe. Why bother her?”

Jimin sat upright and looked at him with anger, “Ottoke? She ruined me. She destroyed my whole life. Now she'll go back to her world and live happily while I suffer here?”

Jungkook stared at him.

“And why do you keep calling her your Noona? Your Noona was Myeong Jo. My wife. Your Noona is dead.” he shouted at him slightly.

Jungkook fought back, “I call her Noona because I find no fault in her.”

Jimin looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“Yes, I miss my Noona. My real sister-in-law. I'm really sad that she passed away. But I'm not like you who'll blame Myeong Jo. What did she do wrong anyway? She loved you too.”

“Look she loved you so much in these 4 months that you didn’t even realize this was another girl. You never could tell that she was not your wife. Her behaviour, her love amd care for you were so deep and true......... You said to me that you loved this new Myeong Jo more than the before!” Jungkook almost shouted.

Yes, it's true a few weeks back when their relationship was still stable, Jimin once said to Jungkook over a drink that he loved his amnesiac wife better than the other. Because she acts cute, is playful and forgetful, always gets shy and loves him in a different way.

Jimin gulped down his throat and looked away.

“I didn't mean that.”

“Yes, you did. Remember she sacrificed her life for you? Twice. You don't get it. The harsh words you said to her yesterday was so cruel that I just wanted to beat the hell out of you! Cuz those words were completely False!” he yelled at Jimin.

Jimin closed his eyes and breathed.

Jungkook let out a sigh.

“She has a brother in her world. Let her go back. She did no fault except for the fact she hid the truth from you. She wished for a person like you all her life. Can you imagine her wish came true but only for temporary? She hid her pain all these months that we didn’t even notice. Please, Hyung. I know you hate her. But don't let her life get ruined.” he paused.

“Even for all these months, she loved you. She made you feel special. For that sake, allow her to go back. Please.....”

Jimin sighed deeply. For a long time, both of them didn’t talk.